remote control for potato gun

  • jamguy64
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4 3:59 PM
      I am just starting my first potato gun. I want to fire it remotely,
      from 20 feet away or so, for safety reasons. I suppose I will be
      using a 100,000 volt stun gun ignition system. Can I just wire in 20
      feet of electrical cord (zip cord, 16 gauge, 2 conductor, like a
      cheapo extension cord) to where the stun gun's switch WAS, and put a
      switch at the end of the 20 feet of cord?

      The stun gun I'm planning on using is a $20 Stun Master SM100 Stun
      Gun. Is it easy to get apart, so that I can rewire the switch?

      Thanks in advance!!

      jamguy64
    • tracey copelnd
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4 6:04 PM
        i was thinking of maybe a spark plug ...solder one wire to the threaded end of the plug and one on the end that a spark plug wire would attach to. ...........i wonder how that would work???????? tc in garland texas

        jamguy64 <jamguy64@...> wrote:I am just starting my first potato gun. I want to fire it remotely,
        from 20 feet away or so, for safety reasons. I suppose I will be
        using a 100,000 volt stun gun ignition system. Can I just wire in 20
        feet of electrical cord (zip cord, 16 gauge, 2 conductor, like a
        cheapo extension cord) to where the stun gun's switch WAS, and put a
        switch at the end of the 20 feet of cord?

        The stun gun I'm planning on using is a $20 Stun Master SM100 Stun
        Gun. Is it easy to get apart, so that I can rewire the switch?

        Thanks in advance!!

        jamguy64

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Joseph Jorgens
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5 11:12 AM
          If you are making a pnuematic gun use a seleniod valve and 2 9 volt
          batteries.

          Joe