Re: [Potato Gunners Anonymous] ABS vs. PVC______Coleman ignitor vs bbq ignitor

  • Kilgore Trout
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2003
      Andy,

      I've never used a coleman; preferring instead the garden variety gas ignighter that comes with a hand butane flask. The way we do this is to rip the lighter apart to retreive whatever magical tiny part makes the spark. The two wires that come off this are then hooked up to the outside of the chamber where 2 screws are sent thru the side of the chamber to *almost* meet in the centre (within the chamber). I'm not sure i described that terribly well.

      to summarise: clicker -> 2 wires -> 2 screws-> spark in the middle of the chamber

      lemme know if you want a picture, and i'll see if i can rustle some up

      AndyO!

    • ron2dtwo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21 12:54 PM
        Andy,
        Dad you get answer yet? Don't use zip cord to handle 100,000 volts.
        Zip cord at the best might be good for 600 volts or so. If you put
        high voltage through it it will just short out to the nearest
        object. If you insist on using your stun gun ignitor you should
        consider using a low voltage control relay to handel the high
        voltage. Locate the relay at the gun and run the low voltage wire
        from your triger to the relay. Let me know if this is clear to you.
        rsalyer2columbus.rr.com

        Good luck
        Ron

        --- In potatogunnersanonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Hubbard"