potato cannons!

  • funluvr21
    Message 1 of 67 , Dec 30, 1999
      new member here> Hey gang, I mounted my cannon
      on a caisson, now it's a howitzer. I can launch a 2"
      potato a measured 275 yds. using aquanet hair spray. My
      howitzer has a 5' barrel with a 3'x 4" firing chamber. I
      utilized a 2" U to minimize the overall length. I used a 1
      1/2" wooden dowel to suspend the gun on the caisson,
      which I made using scrap lumber and bicycle tires.
      Recoil is minimal. have fun
    • ghostchild97
      Message 67 of 67 , Feb 10, 2006
        How can I get plans for one of these?