Re: How to build a Potatoe Gun...

  • cdmaster1st
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 29, 2000
      Building a spud gun is easy, all you need is some
      abs. (i like abs more because it don't shatter when it
      blows up, hit some pvc with a sledge hammer and then
      hit some abs, look at the difference) sch. 40 3 feet
      of 2" abs, a foot of 3" abs. get the couplers you
      need the endcap. you'll figure it out, and an ignitor
      design. i have found that bbq ignitors work the best.
      glue it all together with some abs glue (nasty stuff)
      and there you go, your first spud gun. put the spud
      in the gun about to the combustion chamber spray
      about 7-8 seconds of hairspray put the endcap on and
      ignite.<br><br>(spud guns arn't toys, please be safe, use common
      sense)<br><br>**I am not in anyway responsible for the use or
      construction of this device. Construction and use of this
      device is at own risk. I cannot be held responsible in
      any way, shape, or form. Making this implies that you
      understand this warning**
    • man_o_brass
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 28, 2001
        I just finished my 7 foot beuty. It's an 1.5"
        combustion gun with a 3" chamberMy own special modifications
        include a pair of wooden handgrips, a shoulderpiece, and
        a flash suppressor. It's pretty mean. Still working
        the bugs out, so I don't know the max range, but it's
        over 200 yards. Just thought ya'll would like to know.
      • man_o_brass
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 4, 2001
          I posted a scale drawing of my gun if anyone
          actually cares. Also, I read the question about the
          largest spudgun barrel, and I've seen them made out of 4"
          pipe for shooting rolls of toilet paper. 2.5" pipe
          will shoot tennis balls. I recently designed a way for
          my 1.5" gun to shoot canister rounds of 20
          paintballs like a giant shotgun. It works great!
        • greenhough1
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 12, 2001
            Okay spudrokmk3, spill the beans, tell us about the D.I.S. Ingnitor and where we can get one can get one. How about the specs for your artillery<br>piece?
          • spudrokmk3
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 19, 2001
              Ok Greenhough1-<br> Here you go. If you need more
              information on the D.I.S. system go to my web site: SPUDROK'S
              TECH PAGE
              for yourself!<br> I have not yet developed a page for
              the "test device" though it's in the making. I have
              taken more photos of it and need to finish shooting the
              roll (sorry I don't have a digital camera
              are intended to be shot at night using "glow sticks"
              as a nosecone. Shot out of the Test Device they have
              been recorded to go 1000 yards!
            • spudrokmk3
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 20, 2001
              • spudrokmk3
                Message 7 of 23 , May 10, 2001
                  Spudheads!<br> Here are some drawings on my Test
                  Device. This is just the first draft and no discriptions
                  have been done. If you have any questions on ANY of
                  the drawings E-MAIL ME! Spudrokmk3@...
                • trucken_sharon_lee
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 8, 2001
                    Potatoe gun are out there, Powered buy butane? What else? I have air. Not looking for a canon
                  • sixmhz
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 12, 2001
                      anyone interested in an electronic ignition
                      system? i made one for my launcher cause it tends to blow
                      up and now i can trigger it from 50 ft<br> away. but
                      anyways, i bought like 30 of these high voltage
                      transformers on ebay and i'd like to git rid of em. BUT i'm
                      not putting them together<br> for ya's so i'll only
                      send yas the parts and plans.<br><br>email:
                      gamiller@...
                    • extremelyalien
                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                        Hello. I've just started a new website selling
                        potato guns. Please feel free to check it
                        ideas in the near future.<br><br>Chris
                      • cdmaster1st
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                          Chris, I think that your idea for that site
                          selling the Spudguns is very good. However, I don't think
                          that you may be able to sell more if you higher an
                          actual webdesigner to do the site for you, and advertise
                          it on the 100's of search eng. out there. I myself
                          am very talented at this and have been doing it for
                          some years now..If you have any interest get back to
                          me..I will give to a decent price.
                        • cdmaster1st
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                            OOPS made a typo in last message :)... I mean to
                            say I think that you Should be able to sell more if
                            you higher an actual designer to do the site
                            :).....if not....at least do one of those things that
                            submits your site to like the 100's of search engines.
                          • xtine27
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 17, 2001
                              okay I'm brand new to this club, just bought me a spud gun todae and I can't seem to get it to work... I want to play with it but i can't what is going on.. possibly I'm missing a peice...
                            • spudrokmk3
                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 17, 2001
                                Where did you buy the spudgun?? Check your fuel mixture. Harspray or propane works good.<br>SPUDROK<br><a href=Http://hometown.aol.com/spudrokmk3/index.html target=new>Http://hometown.aol.com/spudrokmk3/index.html</a>
                              • extremelyalien
                                Message 15 of 23 , Nov 7, 2001
                                  I just added a guestbook to my site. Everyone
                                  please stop by and sign it. Please make sure to fill out
                                  where your from. Myself and a few other spudders are
                                  trying to have a potato gun gathering. We need to know
                                  where to have the
                                • jb14x
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Nov 13, 2001
                                    A problem you could be having might be that your
                                    not getting enough compretion behind the potatoe.
                                    Mine was not working at first and i did not know why
                                    but i later found out it was the compretion. But i
                                    built mine at home out of PVC pipe. I had no idea that
                                    you could actualy buy these things. Where did you buy
                                    it??
                                  • richard stermer
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Nov 23, 2004
                                      how much and what type of fuel did you use to propel the SPUD?