biggest potatoe gun

  • johncoolio
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 22, 1999
      what's the biggest potatoe gun you've ever made?This means as far as the width of the barrow of the gun.
    • timmy_the_talking_toilet
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 22, 1999
        well currently it is an inch and a half but I used 5 feet of sceduel 80 pipe<br><br>its a pnumatic
      • johncoolio
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 5, 2000
          Well I know the first time I shot a potatoe
          gun,it was my brothers.I know that it sounded like a
          shot gun and went at least 300 feet in the air and I
          know it had to be going at least 100mhp.Does anyone
          else have any awesome experiences with their potatoe
          gun that're really funny?Post them,I'd like to hear a
          few,I could use a few jokes.
        • PlayBall08
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 8, 2000
            My neighbor and i were out behind his house
            shoting a potato gun. I had the idea of shooting the
            potato's straight up in the air. it's actually pretty
            cool, they go hella high. We acually shot one and it
            got so high that we couldn't see it anymore and then
            we never saw it came down. It was kind of weird
            because all the other's came down within 25-50 feet of us
            and were easy to find after they hit. If you ever
            decide to shot a potato gun straight up, make sure your
            not standing over the barrel, the safest way is to
            kneel down beside it and ignite it, and also keep an
            eye on the potato's so that you don't get hit
          • ernesttownshend
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 20, 2000
              How might I go about building one?
            • cdmaster1st
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 29, 2000
                Building a spud gun is easy, all you need is some
                abs. (i like abs more because it don't shatter when it
                blows up, hit some pvc with a sledge hammer and then
                hit some abs, look at the difference) sch. 40 3 feet
                of 2" abs, a foot of 3" abs. get the couplers you
                need the endcap. you'll figure it out, and an ignitor
                design. i have found that bbq ignitors work the best.
                glue it all together with some abs glue (nasty stuff)
                and there you go, your first spud gun. put the spud
                in the gun about to the combustion chamber spray
                about 7-8 seconds of hairspray put the endcap on and
                ignite.<br><br>(spud guns arn't toys, please be safe, use common
                sense)<br><br>**I am not in anyway responsible for the use or
                construction of this device. Construction and use of this
                device is at own risk. I cannot be held responsible in
                any way, shape, or form. Making this implies that you
                understand this warning**
              • man_o_brass
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 28, 2001
                  I just finished my 7 foot beuty. It's an 1.5"
                  combustion gun with a 3" chamberMy own special modifications
                  include a pair of wooden handgrips, a shoulderpiece, and
                  a flash suppressor. It's pretty mean. Still working
                  the bugs out, so I don't know the max range, but it's
                  over 200 yards. Just thought ya'll would like to know.
                • man_o_brass
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 4, 2001
                    I posted a scale drawing of my gun if anyone
                    actually cares. Also, I read the question about the
                    largest spudgun barrel, and I've seen them made out of 4"
                    pipe for shooting rolls of toilet paper. 2.5" pipe
                    will shoot tennis balls. I recently designed a way for
                    my 1.5" gun to shoot canister rounds of 20
                    paintballs like a giant shotgun. It works great!
                  • greenhough1
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 12, 2001
                      Okay spudrokmk3, spill the beans, tell us about the D.I.S. Ingnitor and where we can get one can get one. How about the specs for your artillery<br>piece?
                    • spudrokmk3
                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 19, 2001
                        Ok Greenhough1-<br> Here you go. If you need more
                        information on the D.I.S. system go to my web site: SPUDROK'S
                        TECH PAGE
                        for yourself!<br> I have not yet developed a page for
                        the "test device" though it's in the making. I have
                        taken more photos of it and need to finish shooting the
                        roll (sorry I don't have a digital camera
                        are intended to be shot at night using "glow sticks"
                        as a nosecone. Shot out of the Test Device they have
                        been recorded to go 1000 yards!
                      • spudrokmk3
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 20, 2001
                        • spudrokmk3
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 10 11:35 PM
                            Spudheads!<br> Here are some drawings on my Test
                            Device. This is just the first draft and no discriptions
                            have been done. If you have any questions on ANY of
                            the drawings E-MAIL ME! Spudrokmk3@...
                          • trucken_sharon_lee
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 8, 2001
                              Potatoe gun are out there, Powered buy butane? What else? I have air. Not looking for a canon
                            • sixmhz
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 12, 2001
                                anyone interested in an electronic ignition
                                system? i made one for my launcher cause it tends to blow
                                up and now i can trigger it from 50 ft<br> away. but
                                anyways, i bought like 30 of these high voltage
                                transformers on ebay and i'd like to git rid of em. BUT i'm
                                not putting them together<br> for ya's so i'll only
                                send yas the parts and plans.<br><br>email:
                                gamiller@...
                              • extremelyalien
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                                  Hello. I've just started a new website selling
                                  potato guns. Please feel free to check it
                                  ideas in the near future.<br><br>Chris
                                • cdmaster1st
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                                    Chris, I think that your idea for that site
                                    selling the Spudguns is very good. However, I don't think
                                    that you may be able to sell more if you higher an
                                    actual webdesigner to do the site for you, and advertise
                                    it on the 100's of search eng. out there. I myself
                                    am very talented at this and have been doing it for
                                    some years now..If you have any interest get back to
                                    me..I will give to a decent price.
                                  • cdmaster1st
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                                      OOPS made a typo in last message :)... I mean to
                                      say I think that you Should be able to sell more if
                                      you higher an actual designer to do the site
                                      :).....if not....at least do one of those things that
                                      submits your site to like the 100's of search engines.
                                    • xtine27
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Oct 17, 2001
                                        okay I'm brand new to this club, just bought me a spud gun todae and I can't seem to get it to work... I want to play with it but i can't what is going on.. possibly I'm missing a peice...
                                      • spudrokmk3
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Oct 17, 2001
                                          Where did you buy the spudgun?? Check your fuel mixture. Harspray or propane works good.<br>SPUDROK<br><a href=Http://hometown.aol.com/spudrokmk3/index.html target=new>Http://hometown.aol.com/spudrokmk3/index.html</a>
                                        • extremelyalien
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Nov 7, 2001
                                            I just added a guestbook to my site. Everyone
                                            please stop by and sign it. Please make sure to fill out
                                            where your from. Myself and a few other spudders are
                                            trying to have a potato gun gathering. We need to know
                                            where to have the
                                          • jb14x
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 13, 2001
                                              A problem you could be having might be that your
                                              not getting enough compretion behind the potatoe.
                                              Mine was not working at first and i did not know why
                                              but i later found out it was the compretion. But i
                                              built mine at home out of PVC pipe. I had no idea that
                                              you could actualy buy these things. Where did you buy
                                              it??
                                            • richard stermer
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 23, 2004
                                                how much and what type of fuel did you use to propel the SPUD?