Potatoe Gunners of America

  • johncoolio
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 14, 1998
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Potatoe Gunners of America community.
    • johncoolio
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 22, 1999
        what's the biggest potatoe gun you've ever made?This means as far as the width of the barrow of the gun.
      • timmy_the_talking_toilet
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 22, 1999
          well currently it is an inch and a half but I used 5 feet of sceduel 80 pipe<br><br>its a pnumatic
        • johncoolio
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 5, 2000
            Well I know the first time I shot a potatoe
            gun,it was my brothers.I know that it sounded like a
            shot gun and went at least 300 feet in the air and I
            know it had to be going at least 100mhp.Does anyone
            else have any awesome experiences with their potatoe
            gun that're really funny?Post them,I'd like to hear a
            few,I could use a few jokes.
          • PlayBall08
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 8, 2000
              My neighbor and i were out behind his house
              shoting a potato gun. I had the idea of shooting the
              potato's straight up in the air. it's actually pretty
              cool, they go hella high. We acually shot one and it
              got so high that we couldn't see it anymore and then
              we never saw it came down. It was kind of weird
              because all the other's came down within 25-50 feet of us
              and were easy to find after they hit. If you ever
              decide to shot a potato gun straight up, make sure your
              not standing over the barrel, the safest way is to
              kneel down beside it and ignite it, and also keep an
              eye on the potato's so that you don't get hit
            • ernesttownshend
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 20 10:22 AM
                How might I go about building one?
              • cdmaster1st
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 29, 2000
                  Building a spud gun is easy, all you need is some
                  abs. (i like abs more because it don't shatter when it
                  blows up, hit some pvc with a sledge hammer and then
                  hit some abs, look at the difference) sch. 40 3 feet
                  of 2" abs, a foot of 3" abs. get the couplers you
                  need the endcap. you'll figure it out, and an ignitor
                  design. i have found that bbq ignitors work the best.
                  glue it all together with some abs glue (nasty stuff)
                  and there you go, your first spud gun. put the spud
                  in the gun about to the combustion chamber spray
                  about 7-8 seconds of hairspray put the endcap on and
                  ignite.<br><br>(spud guns arn't toys, please be safe, use common
                  sense)<br><br>**I am not in anyway responsible for the use or
                  construction of this device. Construction and use of this
                  device is at own risk. I cannot be held responsible in
                  any way, shape, or form. Making this implies that you
                  understand this warning**
                • man_o_brass
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 28, 2001
                    I just finished my 7 foot beuty. It's an 1.5"
                    combustion gun with a 3" chamberMy own special modifications
                    include a pair of wooden handgrips, a shoulderpiece, and
                    a flash suppressor. It's pretty mean. Still working
                    the bugs out, so I don't know the max range, but it's
                    over 200 yards. Just thought ya'll would like to know.
                  • man_o_brass
                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 4, 2001
                      I posted a scale drawing of my gun if anyone
                      actually cares. Also, I read the question about the
                      largest spudgun barrel, and I've seen them made out of 4"
                      pipe for shooting rolls of toilet paper. 2.5" pipe
                      will shoot tennis balls. I recently designed a way for
                      my 1.5" gun to shoot canister rounds of 20
                      paintballs like a giant shotgun. It works great!
                    • greenhough1
                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 12 9:51 PM
                        Okay spudrokmk3, spill the beans, tell us about the D.I.S. Ingnitor and where we can get one can get one. How about the specs for your artillery<br>piece?
                      • spudrokmk3
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 19 10:26 PM
                          Ok Greenhough1-<br> Here you go. If you need more
                          information on the D.I.S. system go to my web site: SPUDROK'S
                          TECH PAGE
                          for yourself!<br> I have not yet developed a page for
                          the "test device" though it's in the making. I have
                          taken more photos of it and need to finish shooting the
                          roll (sorry I don't have a digital camera
                          are intended to be shot at night using "glow sticks"
                          as a nosecone. Shot out of the Test Device they have
                          been recorded to go 1000 yards!
                        • spudrokmk3
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 20 9:15 AM
                          • spudrokmk3
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 10, 2001
                              Spudheads!<br> Here are some drawings on my Test
                              Device. This is just the first draft and no discriptions
                              have been done. If you have any questions on ANY of
                              the drawings E-MAIL ME! Spudrokmk3@...
                            • trucken_sharon_lee
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 8, 2001
                                Potatoe gun are out there, Powered buy butane? What else? I have air. Not looking for a canon
                              • sixmhz
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 12, 2001
                                  anyone interested in an electronic ignition
                                  system? i made one for my launcher cause it tends to blow
                                  up and now i can trigger it from 50 ft<br> away. but
                                  anyways, i bought like 30 of these high voltage
                                  transformers on ebay and i'd like to git rid of em. BUT i'm
                                  not putting them together<br> for ya's so i'll only
                                  send yas the parts and plans.<br><br>email:
                                  gamiller@...
                                • extremelyalien
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                                    Hello. I've just started a new website selling
                                    potato guns. Please feel free to check it
                                    ideas in the near future.<br><br>Chris
                                  • cdmaster1st
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                                      Chris, I think that your idea for that site
                                      selling the Spudguns is very good. However, I don't think
                                      that you may be able to sell more if you higher an
                                      actual webdesigner to do the site for you, and advertise
                                      it on the 100's of search eng. out there. I myself
                                      am very talented at this and have been doing it for
                                      some years now..If you have any interest get back to
                                      me..I will give to a decent price.
                                    • cdmaster1st
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 30, 2001
                                        OOPS made a typo in last message :)... I mean to
                                        say I think that you Should be able to sell more if
                                        you higher an actual designer to do the site
                                        :).....if not....at least do one of those things that
                                        submits your site to like the 100's of search engines.
                                      • xtine27
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Oct 17, 2001
                                          okay I'm brand new to this club, just bought me a spud gun todae and I can't seem to get it to work... I want to play with it but i can't what is going on.. possibly I'm missing a peice...
                                        • spudrokmk3
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Oct 17, 2001
                                            Where did you buy the spudgun?? Check your fuel mixture. Harspray or propane works good.<br>SPUDROK<br><a href=Http://hometown.aol.com/spudrokmk3/index.html target=new>Http://hometown.aol.com/spudrokmk3/index.html</a>
                                          • extremelyalien
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Nov 7, 2001
                                              I just added a guestbook to my site. Everyone
                                              please stop by and sign it. Please make sure to fill out
                                              where your from. Myself and a few other spudders are
                                              trying to have a potato gun gathering. We need to know
                                              where to have the
                                            • jb14x
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Nov 13, 2001
                                                A problem you could be having might be that your
                                                not getting enough compretion behind the potatoe.
                                                Mine was not working at first and i did not know why
                                                but i later found out it was the compretion. But i
                                                built mine at home out of PVC pipe. I had no idea that
                                                you could actualy buy these things. Where did you buy
                                                it??
                                              • richard stermer
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Nov 23, 2004
                                                  how much and what type of fuel did you use to propel the SPUD?