Re: [pota] Wes Shank

  • scott bosco
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 12, 2008
      Well, this may not be the one, but I remember seeing a pic of Sammy Davis Jr. standing beside a Lawgiver statue that was in his backyard.
      - Scott B.

      "Tim \"apefan\"" <apefan23@...> wrote:
      I just read an interview with collector Wes Shank, The Man Who Owns "The Blob".....and he said this:

      "My next favorite, it's hard to say. I have a statue that was used in 'Planet of the Apes' in 1968."

      Anyone know which one he's talking about? He said he paid $400 in 1971!

      Just curious.....

    • m c

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 12, 2008
          That's what I was thinking too....seems like he'd have a picture of somewhere!

          > *** My guess would be either one of the mini Lawgiver
          > statues or maybe The Lawgiver bust seen in the court room
          > sequence... It sure can't be the fullsize Lawgiver,
          > that's for sure... ***
          >
          > --- On Fri, 7/11/08, Tim "apefan"
          > <apefan23@...> wrote:
          >
          > From: Tim "apefan" <apefan23@...>
          > Subject: [pota] Wes Shank
          > To: pota@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Friday, July 11, 2008, 8:25 PM
          >
          > I just read an interview with collector Wes Shank, The Man
          > Who Owns "The
          > Blob".....and he said this:
          >
          > "My next favorite, it's hard to say. I have a
          > statue that was used in
          > 'Planet of the Apes' in 1968."
          >
          > Anyone know which one he's talking about? He said he
          > paid $400 in 1971!
          >
          > Just curious.....

        • Tim "apefan"
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 12, 2008
            Yeah Sammy had one and I think Arthur Jacobs had one....abd there were only two?? I think...

          • Haristas@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 12, 2008
              I just read an interview with collector Wes Shank, The Man Who Owns "The Blob".....and he said this:

              "My next favorite, it's hard to say. I have a statue that was used in 'Planet of the Apes' in 1968."

              Anyone know which one he's talking about? He said he paid $400 in 1971!

              Just curious.....

              Well, I just found this link.  Mentions POTA near the end.  Sounds like he means one of the full-sized Lawgiver statues, but they sure weren't made of stone.  I'll keep looking to see if there's an email address for this guy.

              http://www.monsters411.com/wesshank.html

              -- Rory

            • James
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 13, 2008

                The Yahoo PC police wanted me to remind everyone that this post is in no way meant to disparage or criticize armless, handless people who live in boxes either in garages or elsewhere. Many of these people are still productive members of society and deserve our respect and support. That goes for footless, legless people who live in boxes as well. (Several of whom were extras in the classic SF movie 'Silent Running'.)

                Thank you for your attention and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

              • LordTZer0@AOL.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 14, 2008
                  In a message dated 7/13/2008 4:25:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time, JamesA1102@... writes:
                  legless people who live in boxes as well. (Several of whom were extras in the classic SF movie 'Silent Running'.)

                  I remember that!
                  And though they looked cool
                  it would have to  be the worst
                  droid design ever!  They guy