Allowing alert messages from home server {Sender address rejected: Domain not found)

  • Ian Evans
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2014
      I'm currently running postfix in two places. I have a fully functioning postfix email server for my site's domain and at home I have postfix installed to allow my home server to send alert messages.

      The home server is relaying through my home ISP's smtp server, but the messages get rejected by my site's postfix because the messages don't have a FQDN:

      RCPT from myhomeisp.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 450 4.1.8 <ian@homeserver>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<ian@homeserver>

      How do I tell postfix that @homeserver email's are okay despite not having a FQDN?

      Thanks.
    • Edgar Pettijohn

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 24, 2014
          El 25/07/2014 3:45, Ian Evans escribió:
          I'm currently running postfix in two places. I have a fully functioning postfix email server for my site's domain and at home I have postfix installed to allow my home server to send alert messages.

          The home server is relaying through my home ISP's smtp server, but the messages get rejected by my site's postfix because the messages don't have a FQDN:

          RCPT from myhomeisp.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 450 4.1.8 <ian@homeserver>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<ian@homeserver>

          How do I tell postfix that @homeserver email's are okay despite not having a FQDN?

          Thanks.

          You probably have reject_non_fqdn_sender in the smtpd_sender_restrictions. I'd make sure check_sender_access is before this one and define a map where homeserv is ok. So something like this:

          smtpd_sender_restrictions =
             check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/valid_senders
             reject_non_fqdn_sender

          /etc/postfix/valid_senders:
              homeserv   OK

          Don't forget to make 'postmap valid_senders'.

          Regards.
        • Alex JOST
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25, 2014
            Am 25.07.2014 um 04:45 schrieb Ian Evans:
            > I'm currently running postfix in two places. I have a fully functioning
            > postfix email server for my site's domain and at home I have postfix
            > installed to allow my home server to send alert messages.
            >
            > The home server is relaying through my home ISP's smtp server, but the
            > messages get rejected by my site's postfix because the messages don't have
            > a FQDN:
            >
            > RCPT from myhomeisp.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 450 4.1.8 <ian@homeserver>:
            > Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<ian@homeserver>
            >
            > How do I tell postfix that @homeserver email's are okay despite not having
            > a FQDN?
            >
            > Thanks.

            You can use sender_canonical_maps to rewrite the sender address to
            something correct.

            main.cf:
            sender_canonical_maps = hash:${config_directory}/sender_canonical_maps

            sender_canonical_maps:
            ian@homeserver ian@...

            --
            Alex JOST