sender_bcc_maps on submission service

  • Marvin Renich
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
      I have enabled the submission service in master.cf:

      submission inet n - - - - smtpd
      -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
      -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
      -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
      -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
      -o smtpd_client_restrictions=$mua_client_restrictions
      -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=$mua_helo_restrictions
      -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$mua_sender_restrictions
      -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=
      -o smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
      -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
      -o sender_bcc_maps=$outgoing_bcc_maps
      -o smtpd_milters=

      Most of the above is the default (commented out) Debian jessie config,
      which I have uncommented. In main.cf I have:

      recipient_delimiter = -
      mua_helo_restrictions =
      mua_client_restrictions =
      mua_sender_restrictions =
      outgoing_bcc_maps = regex:/etc/postfix/outgoing_bcc_maps

      /etc/postfix/outgoing_bcc_maps contains:

      /^(.*)@(.*)$/ outgoing-${1}@${2}

      But I am not getting any bcc's. Mail for outgoing-foo is correctly
      delivered to outgoing. Is sender_bcc_maps handled by cleanup or
      incoming in a way that the submission-specific setting is ignored? The
      value of sender_bcc_maps for other than the submission service is empty.

      Thanks...Marvin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
        Marvin Renich:
        > I have enabled the submission service in master.cf:
        >
        > submission inet n - - - - smtpd
        > -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
        > -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
        > -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
        > -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
        > -o smtpd_client_restrictions=$mua_client_restrictions
        > -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=$mua_helo_restrictions
        > -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$mua_sender_restrictions
        > -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=
        > -o smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
        > -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
        > -o sender_bcc_maps=$outgoing_bcc_maps
        > -o smtpd_milters=

        sender_bcc_maps is not implemented by smtpd(8) but by cleanup(8).
        This is consistent with the information in the manpage.

        You can work around this with:

        /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        submission ...
        -o cleanup_service=cleanup-outbound

        /etc/postfix/master.cf:
        cleanup-outbound .. .. .. .. cleanup
        -o sender_bcc_maps=$outgoing_bcc_maps

        So it is possible, but it is not obvious.

        Wietse
      • Marvin Renich
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
          * Wietse Venema <wietse@...> [140722 12:59]:
          > sender_bcc_maps is not implemented by smtpd(8) but by cleanup(8).
          > This is consistent with the information in the manpage.

          Okay, now I see it in cleanup(8); I was looking in postconf(5) under
          sender_bcc_maps.

          > You can work around this with:
          >
          > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          > submission ...
          > -o cleanup_service=cleanup-outbound
          >
          > /etc/postfix/master.cf:
          > cleanup-outbound .. .. .. .. cleanup
          > -o sender_bcc_maps=$outgoing_bcc_maps
          >
          > So it is possible, but it is not obvious.
          >
          > Wietse

          Thanks! That is just what I wanted. I assume your /etc/postfix/main.cf
          above was a typo, and both snippets should be in master.cf? I'll let
          you know if it works.

          ...Marvin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
            Marvin Renich:
            > * Wietse Venema <wietse@...> [140722 12:59]:
            > > sender_bcc_maps is not implemented by smtpd(8) but by cleanup(8).
            > > This is consistent with the information in the manpage.
            >
            > Okay, now I see it in cleanup(8); I was looking in postconf(5) under
            > sender_bcc_maps.
            >
            > > You can work around this with:
            > >
            > > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
            > > submission ...
            > > -o cleanup_service=cleanup-outbound
            > >
            > > /etc/postfix/master.cf:
            > > cleanup-outbound .. .. .. .. cleanup
            > > -o sender_bcc_maps=$outgoing_bcc_maps
            > >
            > > So it is possible, but it is not obvious.
            > >
            > > Wietse
            >
            > Thanks! That is just what I wanted. I assume your /etc/postfix/main.cf
            > above was a typo, and both snippets should be in master.cf? I'll let
            > you know if it works.

            Yes, all master.cf.

            Wietse
          • Marvin Renich
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
              * Marvin Renich <mrvn@...> [140722 13:12]:
              > * Wietse Venema <wietse@...> [140722 12:59]:
              > > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
              > > submission ...
              > > -o cleanup_service=cleanup-outbound
              > >
              > > /etc/postfix/master.cf:
              > > cleanup-outbound .. .. .. .. cleanup
              > > -o sender_bcc_maps=$outgoing_bcc_maps
              >
              > Thanks! That is just what I wanted. I assume your /etc/postfix/main.cf
              > above was a typo, and both snippets should be in master.cf? I'll let
              > you know if it works.

              After s/cleanup_service/cleanup_service_name/ it worked perfectly.

              Thanks much!

              ...Marvin