Aliases aren't even being looked at

  • Dennis Carr
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 7:16 AM
      To briefly explain my system - I have my workstation and server, both
      running Debian Wheezy (current stable). If I send mail, Postfix (2.9.6)
      passes to my server via an ssh tunnel on port 2525 (relayhost for this).

      Now, the relevant part. On the workstation, there are a few key
      aliases I have set up in order to make certain commonly used addresses
      easy to use (e.g., my Spamcop receiving address). Unfortunately, those
      aren't working so well, because if I send one to 'fda', I get this:

      Reporting-MTA: dns; chez-vrolet.net
      Arrival-Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 07:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

      Final-Recipient: rfc822; fda@localhost
      Action: failed
      Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "fda"

      It's notable that I restored my /etc/postfix from a backup that had
      previously worked perfectly well with no changes. (I had to reinstall.)

      So the short versio: What would cause postfix to happily ignore
      my /etc/aliases.db, doubly so after rerunning postalias? Note that I
      have not purged and reinstalled Postfix yet.

      -Dennis