How do I link Postfix to OpenSSL?

  • Juerg Reimann
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2013
      Hi everybody,

      At http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_tls_mandatory_protocols is mentioned "As of OpenSSL 1.0.1 two new protocols are defined, "TLSv1.1" and "TLSv1.2". If an older Postfix version is linked against OpenSSL 1.0.1 or later, these, or any other new protocol versions, are unconditionally enabled."

      How do I link Postfix to a new OpenSSL version on my system? Does it mean, that I have to recompile it?

      Thanks,
      Juerg
    • lists@rhsoft.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2013
        Am 17.11.2013 17:45, schrieb Juerg Reimann:
        > At http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_tls_mandatory_protocols is mentioned "As of OpenSSL 1.0.1 two new protocols are defined, "TLSv1.1" and "TLSv1.2". If an older Postfix version is linked against OpenSSL 1.0.1 or later, these, or any other new protocol versions, are unconditionally enabled."
        >
        > How do I link Postfix to a new OpenSSL version on my system? Does it mean, that I have to recompile it?

        yes or you find a pre-compiled package linked against whatever openssl package you are talking about