Successfull mail delivery question

  • Oleksii Krykun
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2013
      Hi,

      I have postfix+amavisd-new installed.
      My amavis related part of master.cf like following:

      smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
      -o content_filter=smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
      -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
      smtp-amavis unix - - n - 8 smtp
      -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
      -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
      -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
      -o max_use=20

      localhost:10025 inet n - n - - smtpd
      -o content_filter=
      -o local_recipient_maps=
      -o relay_recipient_maps=
      -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
      -o smtpd_delay_reject=no
      -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
      -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
      -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
      -o mynetworks_style=host
      -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
      -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes
      -o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
      -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001
      -o smtpd_hard_error_limit=1000
      -o smtpd_client_connection_count_limit=0
      -o smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit=0
      -o receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks,no_unknown_recipient_checks

      If user requests return receipt he receive delivery report about amavis only.

      This is the mail system at host xxx.

      Your message was successfully delivered to the destination(s) listed below. If the message was delivered to mailbox you will receive no further notifications. Otherwise you may still receive notifications of mail delivery errors from other systems.

      The mail system

      <user@...>: delivery via 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: 250 2.0.0 from
      MTA(smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 27A9E3B4C49

      Is it possible to exclude this report but have report about real message delivery?

      I tried to use smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords=silent-discard,dsn and/or smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords=silent-discard,dsn as options for amavis with no difference. Still receive delivery report as above.
      Also I tried to add 127.0.0.1 to smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_maps with no success.

      I can disallow all use of DSN requests only but I would not like to do it because I need a successfull delivery reports from our server to another mailservers or report from remote sever if it support this.

      Does any solution exist?

      Thanks,
      Oleksii
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2013
        Oleksii Krykun:
        > If user requests return receipt he receive delivery report about amavis only.
        >
        > This is the mail system at host xxx.
        >
        > Your message was successfully delivered to the destination(s) listed below. If the message was delivered to mailbox you will receive no further notifications. Otherwise you may still receive notifications of mail delivery errors from other systems.
        >
        > The mail system
        >
        > <user@...>: delivery via 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: 250 2.0.0 from
        > MTA(smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 27A9E3B4C49
        >

        > Is it possible to exclude this report but have report about real message delivery?

        This means that the "before filter" Postfix SMTP client does not
        receive a DSN service announcement in the SMTP EHLO response from
        the content filter (your main.cf and master.cf show no evidence
        that you have told Postfix not to send or receive that).

        You would need to check with amavis how to enable that.

        Wietse
      • Oleksii Krykun
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2013
          08.10.2013 15:42, wietse@... (Wietse Venema)
          >Oleksii Krykun:
          > > If user requests return receipt he receive delivery report about amavis only.
          > >
          > > This is the mail system at host xxx.
          > >
          > > Your message was successfully delivered to the destination(s) listed below. If the message was delivered to mailbox you will receive no further notifications. Otherwise you may still receive notifications of mail delivery errors from other systems.
          > >
          > > The mail system
          > >
          > > <user@...>: delivery via 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: 250 2.0.0 from
          > > MTA(smtp:[127.0.0.1]:10025): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 27A9E3B4C49
          > >

          > > Is it possible to exclude this report but have report about real message delivery?
          >
          > This means that the "before filter" Postfix SMTP client does not
          > receive a DSN service announcement in the SMTP EHLO response from
          > the content filter (your main.cf and master.cf show no evidence
          > that you have told Postfix not to send or receive that).
          >
          > You would need to check with amavis how to enable that.

          Thanks a lot. It works now.
          But I have another question.

          I disable DSN for inbound email and my senders receive successfull delivery reports for outbound if message leave our mail system or delivered to mailbox for non-aliased internal address.
          But if message is sent to internal aliased (virtual) address sender receive report about alias expansion instead real delivery to mailbox. If I disable dsn for all emails sender receives nothing.

          As I understand I can't avoid unnecessary reports about alias expansion for such addresses.
          Is it possible to force postfix send successfull delivery reports for outbounf messages only and not for internal?

          Thanks,
          Oleksii