repairing queued messages with invalid content filter field

  • mls@...
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2013
      Hi all,

      I tried to install spamassassin as a postfix content filter. It did not work
      well, so I deactivated it. I am now having a couple of undelivered messages
      pending in DEFERRED which have in the header "contentfilter: spamfilter" set.
      postcat shows me:

      *** ENVELOPE RECORDS 151CB1180A42 ***
      message_size: 5881 693 1 0
      5881
      message_arrival_time: Sat Oct 5 21:08:46 2013
      create_time: Sat Oct 5 21:08:46 2013
      content_filter: spamfilter
      named_attribute: log_ident=151CB1180A42
      named_attribute: rewrite_context=remote
      [...]
      *** HEADER EXTRACTED 151CB1180A42 ***
      *** MESSAGE FILE END 151CB1180A42 ***

      Is there a way to repair these messages so they can be delivered? How can I
      remove the "content_filter: spamfilter" attribute from the spooled messages?

      Thanks & regards,

      mls
    • Stan Hoeppner
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013
        On 10/6/2013 1:46 AM, mls@... wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I tried to install spamassassin as a postfix content filter. It did not work
        > well, so I deactivated it. I am now having a couple of undelivered messages
        > pending in DEFERRED which have in the header "contentfilter: spamfilter" set.
        > postcat shows me:
        >
        > *** ENVELOPE RECORDS 151CB1180A42 ***
        > message_size: 5881 693 1 0
        > 5881
        > message_arrival_time: Sat Oct 5 21:08:46 2013
        > create_time: Sat Oct 5 21:08:46 2013
        > content_filter: spamfilter
        > named_attribute: log_ident=151CB1180A42
        > named_attribute: rewrite_context=remote
        > [...]
        > *** HEADER EXTRACTED 151CB1180A42 ***
        > *** MESSAGE FILE END 151CB1180A42 ***
        >
        > Is there a way to repair these messages so they can be delivered? How can I
        > remove the "content_filter: spamfilter" attribute from the spooled messages?

        Reenable Spamassassin, flush the queue, confirm the messages were
        delivered. Then put all mail on HOLD. Stop/disable Spamassassin, make
        master.cf etc changes so Postfix doesn't try to pipe to SA, then restart
        Postfix. Then release the messages from the hold queue. This should
        prevent the defer problem from happening a 2nd time.

        --
        Stan
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013
          On 10/6/2013 1:46 AM, mls@... wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I tried to install spamassassin as a postfix content filter. It did not work
          > well, so I deactivated it. I am now having a couple of undelivered messages
          > pending in DEFERRED which have in the header "contentfilter: spamfilter" set.
          > postcat shows me:
          >
          > *** ENVELOPE RECORDS 151CB1180A42 ***
          > message_size: 5881 693 1 0
          > 5881
          > message_arrival_time: Sat Oct 5 21:08:46 2013
          > create_time: Sat Oct 5 21:08:46 2013
          > content_filter: spamfilter
          > named_attribute: log_ident=151CB1180A42
          > named_attribute: rewrite_context=remote
          > [...]
          > *** HEADER EXTRACTED 151CB1180A42 ***
          > *** MESSAGE FILE END 151CB1180A42 ***
          >
          > Is there a way to repair these messages so they can be delivered? How can I
          > remove the "content_filter: spamfilter" attribute from the spooled messages?
          >
          > Thanks & regards,
          >
          > mls

          All you need to do is requeue those messages.

          # postsuper -r QUEUEID
          is sufficient for a handful of messages, or
          # postsuper -r ALL
          to requeue everything.

          -- Noel Jones
        • mls@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013
            On Sunday 06 October 2013 08:04:14 Noel Jones wrote:
            > All you need to do is requeue those messages.
            >
            > # postsuper -r QUEUEID
            > is sufficient for a handful of messages, or
            > # postsuper -r ALL
            > to requeue everything.
            Thanks, Noel, that was exactly what I was looking for.