Virtual domain loop

  • Bruce Markey
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
      I'm getting a good number of bouces with the "loops back to itself"
      message.

      They are coming from root@... and
      smmsp@....

      Since I am running virtual domains/users I can't add mail.secryption.com
      to my destination, so does that mean I need to add it to virtual domains
      or can I just add an alias from those two address to my main email?
      What is the correct way to fix this?

      Also, what is the smmsp email all about? I did some googling and found
      it related to lingering sendmail packages which I've since removed but
      I'm still getting the email.

      Thank you.
      Bruce

      postconf -n

      alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      append_dot_mydomain = no
      biff = no
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      config_directory = /etc/postfix
      content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
      delay_warning_time = 4h
      disable_vrfy_command = yes
      dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
      inet_interfaces = all
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      maximal_backoff_time = 8000s
      maximal_queue_lifetime = 16d
      minimal_backoff_time = 1000s
      mydestination =
      myhostname = mail.secryption.com
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128
      174.59.49.221/32
      myorigin = /etc/mailname
      readme_directory = no
      recipient_delimiter = +
      relayhost =
      smtp_helo_timeout = 60s
      smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/mail.secryption.com.crt
      smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
      smtp_tls_security_level = may
      smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
      smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining
      smtpd_delay_reject = yes
      smtpd_hard_error_limit = 12
      smtpd_helo_required = yes
      smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, warn_if_reject
      reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname, reject_invalid_hostname, permit
      smtpd_recipient_limit = 16
      permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination,
      reject_invalid_hostname, reject_unauth_pipelining,
      reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org, permit
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
      smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
      smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
      smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous, noplaintext
      smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous
      smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
      smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
      permit_mynetworks, warn_if_reject
      reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_unauth_pipelining, permit
      smtpd_soft_error_limit = 3
      smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
      smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/mail.secryption.pem
      smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/secryption.key
      smtpd_tls_loglevel = 3
      smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
      smtpd_tls_security_level = may
      smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
      smtpd_use_tls = yes
      tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
      virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual-aliases.cf
      virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
      virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual-domains.cf
      virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual-mailboxes.cf
      virtual_transport = dovecot
      virtual_uid_maps = static:5000

      --
      Encrypt everything.
      Public key: https://www.secryption.com/BruceMarkey.asc

      I believe that any violation of privacy is nothing good.
      Lech Walesa
    • DTNX Postmaster
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
        On Sep 25, 2013, at 11:11, Bruce Markey <bruce@...> wrote:

        > I'm getting a good number of bouces with the "loops back to itself" message.
        >
        > They are coming from root@... and smmsp@....
        >
        > Since I am running virtual domains/users I can't add mail.secryption.com to my destination, so does that mean I need to add it to virtual domains or can I just add an alias from those two address to my main email? What is the correct way to fix this?

        Are you using actually using virtual domains for 'mail.secryption.com', or just for 'secryption.com'? I suspect the latter, yes? In which case you should be able to use the following;

        mydestination = $myhostname localhost.$mydomain localhost

        and let the rest be handled by your virtual domain setup.

        > Also, what is the smmsp email all about? I did some googling and found it related to lingering sendmail packages which I've since removed but I'm still getting the email.

        Check your system for cronjobs and whatnot.

        Mvg,
        Joni
      • Bruce Markey
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
          Ah ok. I was under the mistaken impression that there shouldn't be anything in mydestination when using virtual domains.

          So where would i add the alias to send the root@... mail to my account xxx@...?

          Thanks
          Bruce

          DTNX Postmaster <postmaster@...> wrote:
          On Sep 25, 2013, at 11:11, Bruce Markey wrote:> I'm getting a good number of bouces with the "loops back to itself" message. > > They are coming from root@... and smmsp@.... > > Since I am running virtual domains/users I can't add mail.secryption.com to my destination, so does that mean I need to add it to virtual domains or can I just add an alias from those two address to my main email? What is the correct way to fix this?Are you using actually using virtual domains for 'mail.secryption.com', or just for 'secryption.com'? I suspect the latter, yes? In which case you should be able to use the following;mydestination = $myhostname localhost.$mydomain localhostand let the rest be handled by your virtual domain setup.> Also, what is the smmsp email all about? I did some googling and found it related to lingering sendmail packages which I've since removed but I'm still getting the email.Check your system for cronjobs and whatnot.Mvg, Joni

        • DTNX Postmaster
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013
            On Sep 25, 2013, at 13:18, Bruce Markey <bruce@...> wrote:

            > Ah ok. I was under the mistaken impression that there shouldn't be anything in mydestination when using virtual domains.
            >
            > So where would i add the alias to send the root@... mail to my account xxx@...?

            This would be specified in your alias database and/or your alias maps;

            http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#alias_database
            http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#alias_maps

            Mvg,
            Joni
          • Bruce Markey
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 25, 2013

              Makes sense now. Seperate alias tables for canonical and virtual domains.

              Thanks Jovi.

              DTNX Postmaster <postmaster@...> wrote:
              On Sep 25, 2013, at 13:18, Bruce Markey wrote:> Ah ok. I was under the mistaken impression that there shouldn't be anything in mydestination when using virtual domains. > > So where would i add the alias to send the root@... mail to my account xxx@...?This would be specified in your alias database and/or your alias maps;http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#alias_database http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#alias_mapsMvg, Joni