Re: How to manipulate queue files? (Here: rewrite Env-From)

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
      Christian Recktenwald:
      > Hi,
      >
      > due to some configuration error I've some deferred messages.
      > The error's been fixed but the files are still there.
      >
      > Now I'd like to change the envelope-from inside the queue files
      > and requeue them.
      >
      > How is this done?

      Specify the address mapping with main.cf:canonical_maps,
      then "postsuper -r ALL" to re-massage email addresses.

      If you must also edit message headers, then that may require
      playing with main.cf: local_header_rewrite_clients.

      http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_header_rewrite_clients

      > If by chance someone could provide a pointer to the documentation
      > of the queue file format this would be appreciated as well.

      The file format is private. Modification by non-Postfix programs
      breaks the warranty, meaning no support.

      Wietse
    • Christian Recktenwald
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
        On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 09:37:11AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > Christian Recktenwald:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > due to some configuration error I've some deferred messages.
        > > The error's been fixed but the files are still there.
        > >
        > > Now I'd like to change the envelope-from inside the queue files
        > > and requeue them.
        > >
        > > How is this done?
        >
        > Specify the address mapping with main.cf:canonical_maps,
        > then "postsuper -r ALL" to re-massage email addresses.
        >
        > If you must also edit message headers, then that may require
        > playing with main.cf: local_header_rewrite_clients.
        >
        > http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
        > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
        > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_header_rewrite_clients

        worked, thanks