How to manipulate queue files? (Here: rewrite Env-From)

  • Christian Recktenwald
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
      Hi,

      due to some configuration error I've some deferred messages.
      The error's been fixed but the files are still there.

      Now I'd like to change the envelope-from inside the queue files
      and requeue them.

      How is this done?

      If by chance someone could provide a pointer to the documentation
      of the queue file format this would be appreciated as well.

      Cheers, Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
        Christian Recktenwald:
        > Hi,
        >
        > due to some configuration error I've some deferred messages.
        > The error's been fixed but the files are still there.
        >
        > Now I'd like to change the envelope-from inside the queue files
        > and requeue them.
        >
        > How is this done?

        Specify the address mapping with main.cf:canonical_maps,
        then "postsuper -r ALL" to re-massage email addresses.

        If you must also edit message headers, then that may require
        playing with main.cf: local_header_rewrite_clients.

        http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_header_rewrite_clients

        > If by chance someone could provide a pointer to the documentation
        > of the queue file format this would be appreciated as well.

        The file format is private. Modification by non-Postfix programs
        breaks the warranty, meaning no support.

        Wietse
      • Christian Recktenwald
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
          On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 09:37:11AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > Christian Recktenwald:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > due to some configuration error I've some deferred messages.
          > > The error's been fixed but the files are still there.
          > >
          > > Now I'd like to change the envelope-from inside the queue files
          > > and requeue them.
          > >
          > > How is this done?
          >
          > Specify the address mapping with main.cf:canonical_maps,
          > then "postsuper -r ALL" to re-massage email addresses.
          >
          > If you must also edit message headers, then that may require
          > playing with main.cf: local_header_rewrite_clients.
          >
          > http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
          > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
          > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_header_rewrite_clients

          worked, thanks