Re: Response 550 mailbox doesn't exist

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2013
      Roman Gelfand:
      > If outgoing email bounced with 550,I would like, if not forever, for a
      > while, to bounce emails to that address locally. Is there a way to do
      > that?

      To bounce mail before it is delivered:

      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      transport_maps = hash:/etc/transport

      /etc/postfix/transport:
      bad@... error:you can't go there

      Run "postmap hash:/etc/transport" and "postfix reload" when the
      table changes.

      Wietse
    • Roman Gelfand
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2013
        This is a manual solution. Is there an automatic solution where based
        on the log a transport file or database is maintained... something
        that has smarts to automatically deal with 550's?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2013
          Roman Gelfand:
          > If outgoing email bounced with 550,I would like, if not forever, for a
          > while, to bounce emails to that address locally. Is there a way to do
          > that?

          Wietse:
          > > To bounce mail before it is delivered:
          > >
          > > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          > > transport_maps = hash:/etc/transport
          > >
          > > /etc/postfix/transport:
          > > bad@... error:you can't go there
          > >
          > > Run "postmap hash:/etc/transport" and "postfix reload" when the
          > > table changes.

          Roman Gelfand:
          > This is a manual solution. Is there an automatic solution where based
          > on the log a transport file or database is maintained... something
          > that has smarts to automatically deal with 550's?

          I describe the part of the solution that Postfix provides. You
          provide the rest. BTW You did not ask for an automatic solution.