Postmaster address rewriting in bounce mail header

  • robby
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2013
      Hi,

      I'm using the latest version of postfix on Debian 6. I'm using an email
      application to send mailings which automatically handles bounces through a
      pipe php script. I have successfully setup a mail alias for postmaster to
      the pipe script.
      However in the bounce emails the "To" field in the mail header contains
      "postmaster". The email application requires the "To" field to be a valid
      email address like "postmaster@<domain>".

      Is it possible to change this in Postfix ?

      Thx
      Robby

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2013
        robby:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm using the latest version of postfix on Debian 6. I'm using an email
        > application to send mailings which automatically handles bounces through a
        > pipe php script. I have successfully setup a mail alias for postmaster to
        > the pipe script.

        Please don't solve the wrong problem.

        You must send mail with the correct envelope sender address, and
        handle delivery notifications sent to that address (not postmaster).

        With SMTP, the envelope sender is the address in the MAIL FROM
        command; with /usr/sbin/sendmail, that's the address specified with
        the -f command-line option.