LDAP groups

  • Donny Brooks
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11 9:14 PM
      I am currently running postfix 2.6.6 on a Centos 6.3 machine. I have setup a samba 3.5.10 domain with openldap 2.4.23 as the central authentication. I am now trying to get postfix to be able to expand groups. We currently have about 50 groups, but not all of them will need to be addressable. All of them can be, just only about half will be used. I would like to be able to keep my existing group ou in ldap and let postfix check against it. That way when I add users to ldap groups they will automatically be in the email groups also. I have looked at the page here: http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#example_group but that looks like I will have to manually add all the members to the group using the postmap command. Is this right?

      --

      Donny B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11 9:32 PM
        On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 11:14:23PM -0500, Donny Brooks wrote:
        > I have looked at the page here:
        >
        > http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#example_group
        >
        > but that looks like I will have to manually add all the members
        > to the group using the postmap command. Is this right?

        No, the postmap(1) commands in that document show you how to run
        *queries* against LDAP groups that illustrate how the various
        group-related features works.

        You should run postmap commands to *test* your table definitions
        before you configure them into a live Postfix system. However,
        you certainly don't have to do that for every group.

        Once you understand the Postfix LDAP group features thoroughly you
        will often be able to just type in correct LDAP table definitions
        that work first time, but the prudent approach is to always test.