Re: Handling quotas.

  • Sahil Tandon
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7 6:19 PM
      On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 06:59:32 -0400, Bruce Markey wrote:

      > I'm running postfix/courier. Is it better to let postfix handle
      > quotas or let courier do it, or is it just a matter of preference?
      >
      > I'm dealing with strictly virtual users here. From the articles I've
      > come across having postfix handle it seems pretty straightforward,
      > although ht most of the walktheoughs i see are a bit old.

      A recent and useful article about how to reject pre-queue based on quota
      is linked below; but, it is specific to dovecot. Perhaps it will
      convince you to switch from courier -> dovecot, like I did many years
      ago. :-)

      http://sys4.de/en/blog/2013/04/08/postfix-dovecot-mailbox-quota/

      --
      Sahil Tandon
    • Bruce Markey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8 6:29 AM
        Sahil,

        Thanks for the link. I've been thinking moving to dovecot for a few
        reasons, this just adds to that.

        Bruce

        --
        Please use PGP, ENCRYPT everything.
        For information about acquiring a secryption.com account, email me.

        My public key: https://www.secryption.com/BruceMarkey.asc or
        https://keyserver.pgp.com