Re: Chained filters.

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
      On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 08:20:40AM -0400, Bruce Markey wrote:

      > content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
      >
      > Master.cf:
      >
      > gpg-mailgate unix - n n - - pipe
      > flags= user=encryption argv=/usr/local/bin/gpg-mailgate.py

      The above filter is severely broken, you are not passing it the
      envelope recipients. Never route messages to header recipients!
      This creates multiple deliveries and often infinite loops.

    • Bruce Markey
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
        Viktor,
        Which part? The amavis or the mailgate.

        The mailgate one isn't really a filter persay, it just encrypts.

        Is the chaining the issue or the implementation of one of the pieces.

        Thanks
        Bruce

        Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users@...> wrote:
        On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 08:20:40AM -0400, Bruce Markey wrote:

        content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024

        Master.cf:

        gpg-mailgate unix - n n - - pipe
        flags= user=encryption argv=/usr/local/bin/gpg-mailgate.py

        The above filter is severely broken, you are not passing it the
        envelope recipients. Never route messages to header recipients!
        This creates multiple deliveries and often infinite loops.

        Please use PGP, ENCRYPT everything.
        For information about acquiring a secryption.com account, email me.

        My public key: https://www.secryption.com/BruceMarkey.asc or https://keyserver.pgp.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
          On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 11:17:55AM -0400, Bruce Markey wrote:

          > Which part? The amavis or the mailgate.

          mailgate.

          > The mailgate one isn't really a filter persay, it just encrypts.

          It also delivers mail to someone. You give it no envelope recipient
          information, hence it provably can't reliably deliver to the right
          mailbox.

          > Is the chaining the issue or the implementation of one of the pieces.

          The mailgate filter does not recieve the message envelope. It must
          encrypt and forward to ONLY the envelope recipients.