Re: ..:: Keep HTML format ::..

  • Kris Deugau
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 4, 2013
      Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez wrote:
      > Thanks for the response, the thing is that if you send an email on the
      > same exchange everything looks fine, if you send an email thru the
      > postfixs distribution list which sends to another exchange all the
      > format is removed. If you send postfix to exchange works fine, may be is
      > something about the mailing list.

      Mailing lists are sometimes explicitly configured to strip images and
      HTML formatting, passing only the plaintext part.

      Ask the admin of the specific machine you're seeing this happen with.

      -kgd
    • Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 4, 2013
        > Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez wrote:
        >> Thanks for the response, the thing is that if you send an email on the
        >> same exchange everything looks fine, if you send an email thru the
        >> postfixs distribution list which sends to another exchange all the
        >> format is removed. If you send postfix to exchange works fine, may be is
        >> something about the mailing list.
        > Mailing lists are sometimes explicitly configured to strip images and
        > HTML formatting, passing only the plaintext part.
        >
        > Ask the admin of the specific machine you're seeing this happen with.
        >
        > -kgd
        Thanks but the mailing list is on the postfix, the postfix is striping
        the images according to our tests. :(
      • Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2013
          On 9/4/13 11:08 AM, Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez wrote:
          >> Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez wrote:
          >>> Thanks for the response, the thing is that if you send an email on the
          >>> same exchange everything looks fine, if you send an email thru the
          >>> postfixs distribution list which sends to another exchange all the
          >>> format is removed. If you send postfix to exchange works fine, may
          >>> be is
          >>> something about the mailing list.
          >> Mailing lists are sometimes explicitly configured to strip images and
          >> HTML formatting, passing only the plaintext part.
          >>
          >> Ask the admin of the specific machine you're seeing this happen with.
          >>
          >> -kgd
          > Thanks but the mailing list is on the postfix, the postfix is striping
          > the images according to our tests. :(
          Now it works, thanks!!
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 4, 2013
            Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jim?nez:
            > > Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jim?nez wrote:
            > >> Thanks for the response, the thing is that if you send an email on the
            > >> same exchange everything looks fine, if you send an email thru the
            > >> postfixs distribution list which sends to another exchange all the
            > >> format is removed. If you send postfix to exchange works fine, may be is
            > >> something about the mailing list.
            > > Mailing lists are sometimes explicitly configured to strip images and
            > > HTML formatting, passing only the plaintext part.
            > >
            > > Ask the admin of the specific machine you're seeing this happen with.
            > >
            > Thanks but the mailing list is on the postfix, the postfix is striping
            > the images according to our tests. :(

            No, it doesn't. You can easily check this with a network sniffer
            as Exchange sends mail over SMTP.

            Wietse
          • Mike.
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 4, 2013
              On 9/4/2013 at 11:32 AM Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jim��nez wrote:

              |>> Mailing lists are sometimes explicitly configured to strip images
              and
              |>> HTML formatting, passing only the plaintext part.
              |>>
              |>> Ask the admin of the specific machine you're seeing this happen
              with.

              |>> -kgd
              |> Thanks but the mailing list is on the postfix, the postfix is
              striping
              |> the images according to our tests. :(
              |Now it works, thanks!!
              =============

              Configuration management issues?
            • Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 4, 2013
                On 9/4/13 12:41 PM, Mike. wrote:

                > the

                > and

                > with.

                > |> Thanks but the mailing list is on the postfix, the postfix is
                > striping
                > |> the images according to our tests. :(
                > |Now it works, thanks!!
                > =============
                >

                > Configuration management issues?

                Yeap, exchange issues :)
              • Ralf Hildebrandt
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 5, 2013
                  > The thing is that if you send an email on the same exchange
                  > everything looks fine, if you send an email thru the postfixs
                  > distribution list

                  What is "postfixs distribution list"? Please elaborate!
                  --
                  [*] sys4 AG

                  http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
                  Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

                • Ralf Hildebrandt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 5, 2013
                    * Alfonso Alejandro Reyes Jiménez <areyes@...>:

                    > Thanks but the mailing list is on the postfix, the postfix is
                    > striping the images according to our tests. :(

                    How is the mailing list implemented?