Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

  • FliedRice
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
      Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.

      Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
      without attitude.

      It is true Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
      You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?

      ________________________________

      -----
      Free English
      & Spanish
      Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, holidays, love, & just because!
    • James Griffin
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
        !-- On Mon 2.Sep'13 at 9:43:47 BST, FliedRice (thepureflow@...), wrote:
        > Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.
        >
        > Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
        > without attitude.
        >
        > It is true Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
        > You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?

        It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
        and other information available for you or anyone to read up on before
        using software. That's where everyone has to start.

        James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

        A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
      • FliedRice
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
          Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
          Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
          reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
          assist people you should not be here doing it.

          -----
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
            Sorry, but if you are only going to point to the documentation all the time and are not
            willing to give any kind of assistance beyond that, then WHY ARE YOU HERE? Just
            link to the documentation on the forum and close the rest down.

            -----
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
              !-- On Mon 2.Sep'13 at 9:57:06 BST, FliedRice (thepureflow@...), wrote:

              > Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
              > Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
              > reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
              > assist people you should not be here doing it.

              The documentation is there for a reason. It explains things clearly and
              examples are also provided.

              You are not in school now and you do need to read up on technical matters
              to grasp the basics, at least.

              If you've shown that you have made an effort to read and you provide
              examples of your efforts, people generally will assist you so you do
              understand something you are unclear about. Why do you have an issue with
              that?

              James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

              A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
            • Winston Smith
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                > Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 09:49:51 +0100
                > From: jmz@...
                > To: postfix-users@...
                > Subject: Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download
                >
                > It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
                > and other information available

                In particular if there is 'a lot of documentation', a kind hint towards the
                right direction (i.e., document) is always welcome.

                > for you or anyone to read up on before
                > using software. That's where everyone has to start.

                Forgive my objection, but that's true only in an ideal world.

                Have you read the installation manual of every single piece of software
                you're using? I put a crate of beer on a bet that you haven't!

                There is software which has literally hundreds of pages to read, because
                it has hundreds of configuration options. Mediawiki is an example.

                If all what certain subscribers want to do here is to say RTFM to someone
                who is not as 1337 as themselves, then the list defeats its purpose.

              • FliedRice
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                  LOL, Look at how much time and effort was used in avoiding giving the answer,
                  versus how much time was taken in giving the simple resolution. Maybe I
                  should
                  change the subject title for this page?

                  -----