Postfix SMTP server: errors from mail-ve0-f174.google.com[209.85.128.174]

  • Eric Kom
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2013
      Good day,

      Please my smtp based on postfix its sending me a messages with the above
      subject and body:

      Postfix SMTP server: errors from mail-ve0-f174.google.com[209.85.128.174]

      Transcript of session follows.

      Out: 220 Great Kom Networks (Pty) LTD, Ready.
      In: EHLO mail-ve0-f174.google.com
      Out: 250-ajk.metropolitanbuntu.co.za
      Out: 250-PIPELINING
      Out: 250-SIZE 102040000
      Out: 250-VRFY
      Out: 250-ETRN
      Out: 250-STARTTLS
      Out: 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
      Out: 250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
      Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
      Out: 250-8BITMIME
      Out: 250 DSN
      In: STARTTLS
      Out: 454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem
      In: QUIT
      Out: 221 2.0.0 Bye

      For other details, see the local mail logfile

      My log file do not report me any problem

      Thank you
    • Jeroen Geilman
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2013
        On 09/02/2013 08:11 AM, Eric Kom wrote:
        > Good day,
        >
        > Please my smtp based on postfix its sending me a messages with the
        > above subject and body:
        >
        > Postfix SMTP server: errors from mail-ve0-f174.google.com[209.85.128.174]
        >
        > Transcript of session follows.
        >
        > Out: 220 Great Kom Networks (Pty) LTD, Ready.
        > In: EHLO mail-ve0-f174.google.com
        > Out: 250-ajk.metropolitanbuntu.co.za
        > Out: 250-PIPELINING
        > Out: 250-SIZE 102040000
        > Out: 250-VRFY
        > Out: 250-ETRN
        > Out: 250-STARTTLS
        > Out: 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
        > Out: 250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
        > Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
        > Out: 250-8BITMIME
        > Out: 250 DSN
        > In: STARTTLS

        Gmail is wanting to start a TLS session with you.

        > Out: 454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem

        Your server is refusing due to some local problem; possibly a problem
        with certificates or mismatched cyphersuites.
        Consult your logs for details.

        > My log file do not report me any problem

        ...yes, yes it will.
        NOTE that OpenSSL errors are largely separate from postfix internal
        errors, since postfix links in a huge openssl library that does all this
        stuff.

        The larger question is why are you offering TLS on port 25 ?
        It's obviously not working.

        --
        J.