Re: reject_unlisted_sender not working

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2013
      On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 10:00:38PM -0500, /dev/rob0 wrote:
      > On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 07:30:35PM -0700, warpspasm wrote:
      > > I would like to be able to have a postfix server that only
      > > allows outgoing emails from one From: address.
      > >
      > > Any ideas? Thanks
      >
      > Sure. As alluded above, that goal is strange. I suspect that a
      > null client like msmtp would meet your actual needs better.
      >
      > It's trivial to rewrite all outgoing mail (that which is being
      > relayed by the smtp(8) client) to a single From: header and
      > envelope sender address:
      >
      > smtp_generic_maps = static:yoursender@...

      Interestingly, worthy of note, is that Wietse and I interpreted the
      request differently. I think his reading of it made more sense, in
      that you'd not send out mail with an unapproved sender.

      Also, I saw something upthread about uid=33, and IIRC that's the
      Debian user which runs httpd.

      My crystal ball is telling me that the actual problem might be a
      compromised PHP web script. And no, rewriting the spam sender address
      is SURELY not what you want.

      There is no quick easy fix for broken web software. You have to fix
      it, eventually, or get shut down by your upstream provider.

      Furthermore I was wrong above, in that smtp_generic_maps will rewrite
      both sender AND recipient addresses. You would want to use
      sender_canonical_maps to only rewrite the sender, if my reading of
      your request had been right.

      If my REreading of the request was right, there is probably no
      Postfix workaround available to you. You need a sendmail(1) wrapper
      which holds mail submitted with an unapproved sender address or
      header.

      (Maybe sender-dependent routing, but let's not go there before you
      clarify the problem and goal.)