Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2013
      FliedRice:
      > Except you missed this part Wietse:
      > I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but?
      > I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
      > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
      >
      > Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
      > had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
      > step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
      > clarity.

      Sorry, this text is quite clear (the list of problems to report,
      if you don't want to hear about them, don't list them).

      Wietse
    • Leonardo Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 31, 2013
        Em 31/08/13 11:40, FliedRice escreveu:
        > Except you missed this part Wietse:
        > I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
        > I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
        > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
        >
        > Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
        > had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
        > step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
        > clarity.

        this is a technical mailing list, tt's supposed that *at least* you
        know what you're doing. You're really dont understand and dont have the
        skills to handle a mail system, than you really should hire someone to
        do that for you.

        --

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        gertrudes@...
        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it
      • FliedRice
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
          Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.

          Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
          without attitude.

          It is true Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
          You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?

          ________________________________

          -----
          Free English
          & Spanish
          Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, holidays, love, & just because!
        • James Griffin
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
            !-- On Mon 2.Sep'13 at 9:43:47 BST, FliedRice (thepureflow@...), wrote:
            > Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.
            >
            > Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
            > without attitude.
            >
            > It is true Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
            > You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?

            It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
            and other information available for you or anyone to read up on before
            using software. That's where everyone has to start.

            James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

            A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
          • FliedRice
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
              Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
              Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
              reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
              assist people you should not be here doing it.

              -----
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                Sorry, but if you are only going to point to the documentation all the time and are not
                willing to give any kind of assistance beyond that, then WHY ARE YOU HERE? Just
                link to the documentation on the forum and close the rest down.

                -----
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                  !-- On Mon 2.Sep'13 at 9:57:06 BST, FliedRice (thepureflow@...), wrote:

                  > Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
                  > Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
                  > reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
                  > assist people you should not be here doing it.

                  The documentation is there for a reason. It explains things clearly and
                  examples are also provided.

                  You are not in school now and you do need to read up on technical matters
                  to grasp the basics, at least.

                  If you've shown that you have made an effort to read and you provide
                  examples of your efforts, people generally will assist you so you do
                  understand something you are unclear about. Why do you have an issue with
                  that?

                  James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

                  A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
                • Winston Smith
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                    > Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 09:49:51 +0100
                    > From: jmz@...
                    > To: postfix-users@...
                    > Subject: Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download
                    >
                    > It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
                    > and other information available

                    In particular if there is 'a lot of documentation', a kind hint towards the
                    right direction (i.e., document) is always welcome.

                    > for you or anyone to read up on before
                    > using software. That's where everyone has to start.

                    Forgive my objection, but that's true only in an ideal world.

                    Have you read the installation manual of every single piece of software
                    you're using? I put a crate of beer on a bet that you haven't!

                    There is software which has literally hundreds of pages to read, because
                    it has hundreds of configuration options. Mediawiki is an example.

                    If all what certain subscribers want to do here is to say RTFM to someone
                    who is not as 1337 as themselves, then the list defeats its purpose.

                  • FliedRice
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                      LOL, Look at how much time and effort was used in avoiding giving the answer,
                      versus how much time was taken in giving the simple resolution. Maybe I
                      should
                      change the subject title for this page?

                      -----