Duplicate postfix bounces to download

  • FliedRice
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30 10:59 AM
      I have a problem with a plesk server using postfix in which I am
      receiving double bounces, duplicates of the same bounce, from my
      mailing program. This means that when I download the bounces in
      order to filter them I have double the amount to download and would
      highly prefer only 1, I do not need 2 of the same thing.

      One has the subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
      The second one: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail

      I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
      I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
      Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

      -----
      Free English
      & Spanish
      Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, holidays, love, & just because!
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 30 11:49 AM
        FliedRice:
        > I have a problem with a plesk server using postfix in which I am
        > receiving double bounces, duplicates of the same bounce, from my
        > mailing program. This means that when I download the bounces in
        > order to filter them I have double the amount to download and would
        > highly prefer only 1, I do not need 2 of the same thing.
        >
        > One has the subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
        > The second one: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail
        >
        > I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
        > I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
        > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

        I received this question earlier off-list. and referred to
        http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#notify
        (What trouble report to the postmaster).

        Wietse
      • FliedRice
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 31 7:40 AM
          Except you missed this part Wietse:
          I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
          I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
          Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

          Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
          had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
          step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
          clarity.

          ________________________________
          > I have a problem with a plesk server using postfix in which I am
          > receiving double bounces, duplicates of the same bounce, from my
          > mailing program. This means that when I download the bounces in
          > order to filter them I have double the amount to download and would
          > highly prefer only 1, I do not need 2 of the same thing.
          >
          > One has the subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
          > The second one: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail
          >
          > I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
          > I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
          > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
          I received this question earlier off-list. and referred to
          http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#notify
          (What trouble report to the postmaster).

          NAML

          -----
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 31 8:17 AM
            On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 07:40:35AM -0700, FliedRice wrote:

            > > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
            >
            > I received this question earlier off-list. and referred to
            > http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#notify
            > (What trouble report to the postmaster).

            main.cf:
            # Set this empty, and monitor the Postfix logs for any trouble.
            notify_classes =

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 31 2:22 PM
              FliedRice:
              > Except you missed this part Wietse:
              > I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but?
              > I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
              > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
              >
              > Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
              > had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
              > step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
              > clarity.

              Sorry, this text is quite clear (the list of problems to report,
              if you don't want to hear about them, don't list them).

              Wietse
            • Leonardo Rodrigues
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 31 3:26 PM
                Em 31/08/13 11:40, FliedRice escreveu:
                > Except you missed this part Wietse:
                > I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
                > I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
                > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
                >
                > Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
                > had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
                > step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
                > clarity.

                this is a technical mailing list, tt's supposed that *at least* you
                know what you're doing. You're really dont understand and dont have the
                skills to handle a mail system, than you really should hire someone to
                do that for you.

                --

                Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
                Leonardo Rodrigues

                gertrudes@...
                My SPAMTRAP, do not email it
              • FliedRice
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                  Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.

                  Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
                  without attitude.

                  It is true Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
                  You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?

                  ________________________________

                  -----
                  Free English
                  & Spanish
                  Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, holidays, love, & just because!
                • James Griffin
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                    !-- On Mon 2.Sep'13 at 9:43:47 BST, FliedRice (thepureflow@...), wrote:
                    > Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.
                    >
                    > Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
                    > without attitude.
                    >
                    > It is true Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
                    > You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?

                    It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
                    and other information available for you or anyone to read up on before
                    using software. That's where everyone has to start.

                    James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

                    A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
                  • FliedRice
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                      Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
                      Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
                      reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
                      assist people you should not be here doing it.

                      -----
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                        Sorry, but if you are only going to point to the documentation all the time and are not
                        willing to give any kind of assistance beyond that, then WHY ARE YOU HERE? Just
                        link to the documentation on the forum and close the rest down.

                        -----
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                          !-- On Mon 2.Sep'13 at 9:57:06 BST, FliedRice (thepureflow@...), wrote:

                          > Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
                          > Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
                          > reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
                          > assist people you should not be here doing it.

                          The documentation is there for a reason. It explains things clearly and
                          examples are also provided.

                          You are not in school now and you do need to read up on technical matters
                          to grasp the basics, at least.

                          If you've shown that you have made an effort to read and you provide
                          examples of your efforts, people generally will assist you so you do
                          understand something you are unclear about. Why do you have an issue with
                          that?

                          James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

                          A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
                        • Winston Smith
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                            > Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 09:49:51 +0100
                            > From: jmz@...
                            > To: postfix-users@...
                            > Subject: Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download
                            >
                            > It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
                            > and other information available

                            In particular if there is 'a lot of documentation', a kind hint towards the
                            right direction (i.e., document) is always welcome.

                            > for you or anyone to read up on before
                            > using software. That's where everyone has to start.

                            Forgive my objection, but that's true only in an ideal world.

                            Have you read the installation manual of every single piece of software
                            you're using? I put a crate of beer on a bet that you haven't!

                            There is software which has literally hundreds of pages to read, because
                            it has hundreds of configuration options. Mediawiki is an example.

                            If all what certain subscribers want to do here is to say RTFM to someone
                            who is not as 1337 as themselves, then the list defeats its purpose.

                          • FliedRice
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 2, 2013
                              LOL, Look at how much time and effort was used in avoiding giving the answer,
                              versus how much time was taken in giving the simple resolution. Maybe I
                              should
                              change the subject title for this page?

                              -----