Re: Logging Bounces

  • Higuita
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2013
      Hi

      On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:27:18 -0400, Roman Gelfand <rgelfand2@...>
      wrote:
      > Is there a way to add more info to "status=bounced" entries? For
      > instance, I would like to see the from email and subject on the same
      > line.

      I usually do a "extended" log for all emails, so its easier to
      parse the log when i'm searching for emails. i "abuse" the warn_if_reject
      for that, by placing it before a reject, just like this:

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = warn_if_reject, reject,(...)

      This will log all incoming emails with a warning_reject in the
      log with all main information for the email. Disk space is cheap, so
      i dont care if the log is a little bigger.

      if you only want the bounces, maybe you can duplicate every
      rule that might reject the messsage with the warn_if_reject and
      the same rule, like this:

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = (...)
      warn_if_reject, reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      warn_if_reject,reject_unauth_destination,
      reject_unauth_destination,
      (...)

      do that for any rule you might have that bounce the email
      and you will get the "extended" log just for the bounces

      good luck
      higuita
      --
      Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
      leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a