Re: Authentication issues

  • Scott Kitterman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
      On Friday, August 23, 2013 15:38:38 David Hulsebus wrote:
      > I apologize in advance for the long post. I started working for a small ISP
      > with around 3000 mailboxes and inherited a Postfix server that I've been
      > auditing. It's based on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Postfix 2.51, and runs Courier for
      > pop and imap authentication. It has encrypted passwords in a MySQL
      > database.

      That release has been out of security support for a third of a year.
      Upgrading to a supported release should be on your TODO list (pretty high up,
      IMO).

      Ubuntu (due to it's Debian heritage) ships Postfix in a chroot by default.
      Make sure you have either taken it out of the chroot or that your changes are
      visible inside the chroot.

      Scott K