Re: Disable root email

  • Giles Coochey
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
      On 23/08/2013 13:42, Roman Gelfand wrote:
      > You are right. Stupid me. I just realized, I don't want to do this.
      > Please, ignore.
      >
      > On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM, lists@... <lists@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Am 23.08.2013 14:29, schrieb Roman Gelfand:
      >>> How can I disable postfix from sending administrator email
      >>> notifications. ie from: root@... to: root@...?
      >> why would you want to do this?
      >>
      >> disable the root cause producing the messages
      >> instead break the MTA - postfix job is to send
      >> messages it got delivered by SMTP or pickup
      I tend to forward email to root on all my systems to a real, monitored
      email account rather than keep it locally, from editing /etc/aliases.
      The standard /etc/aliases in RedHat/Centos also forwards all the mails
      for RFC2142 purposes to this account. Note that some mailservers will
      block non-compliant RFC2142 domains.

      --
      Regards,

      Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS