Re: postfix content_filter source address

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2013
      Jimmy Stewpot:
      > content_filter = smtp:[127.0.0.1]:2500
      >
      > [...] However with the same version of Pure Message on a new version
      > of Postfix we see that the system is seeing "localhost" as the
      > from relay which means it goes through the localhost whitelist in
      > the spam policy...

      On all systems that I know, a connection TO the loopback network
      (127.0.0.1) will appear to come FROM the loopback network. Ditto
      for other network interfaces. Same for Solaris, Linux, *BSD.

      Maybe the change is in the HOSTNAME that your system reports for
      127.0.0.1, for example some systems report localhost and other
      systems report localhost.localdomain. That is an /etc/hosts issue.

      This is easy enough to verify from the command line.