Re: ldap-attribute-based routing question

  • jeffrey j donovan
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19 9:12 AM

      On Aug 15, 2013, at 9:54 AM, Jonathan Engbrecht <jengbrec@...> wrote:

      Yes, I have the ability to make the required changes to our ldap.

      ok, so pick and open attribute and fill in either the IP or FQDN
      then edit your master.cf and your ldap_transport.

      point your transport lookup to the LDAP server with the Attribute your chose. You can test it by using ldapsearch.

      I was mostly curious if it was possible to set up a mapping in a non-hackish manner that didn't necessitate directory changes.

      Magic is all an illusion , there is work and practice that makes it look simple.
      -j

      Thanks all for the responses.

    • jeffrey j donovan
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 19 9:19 AM
        Im sorry, I went back and read your original post I thought this was too simple.

        On Aug 14, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Engbrecht <jengbrec@...> wrote:

        > …..snip > The attribute is not itself the name of the next transport.

        thats a problem. postfix will need a legit ip or hostname. you would have to do some database munging before Postfix reads, and that would be a question for the DataBase folks.
        -j