Re: greylist.db corruption

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
      On 02 Aug 2013, at 12:43 , Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

      > Niclas Arndt:
      >>> Which greylist program are you using? The one bundled with
      >>> Postfix has been tested only with the default *BSD Berkeley
      >>> DB implementation (db1.85). It should probably be retired.
      >>>
      >>> Wietse
      >>
      >> Thanks Wietse. I'm using the one bundled with Postfix. openSUSE 12.3 is on db4.8.3. ;-)
      >>
      >> It sounds like I should change to another greylist. Which would you recommend?

      What's wrong with just using Post Screen? It does what postgrey does, and more. And *much* more efficiently.

      > postgrey is a popular implementation.

      I stopped using postgrey because I found it too bothersome to configure with the various Internet-incompetent companies that do things like retry from different servers or never retry at all. I was spending much too much time fixing broken hosts.

      --
      "I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way."