Re: greylist.db corruption

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
      Niclas Arndt:
      > > Which greylist program are you using? The one bundled with
      > > Postfix has been tested only with the default *BSD Berkeley
      > > DB implementation (db1.85). It should probably be retired.
      > >
      > > Wietse
      >
      > Thanks Wietse. I'm using the one bundled with Postfix. openSUSE 12.3 is on db4.8.3. ;-)
      >
      > It sounds like I should change to another greylist. Which would you recommend?

      postgrey is a popular implementation.

      Wietse
    • LuKreme
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
        On 02 Aug 2013, at 12:43 , Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:

        > Niclas Arndt:
        >>> Which greylist program are you using? The one bundled with
        >>> Postfix has been tested only with the default *BSD Berkeley
        >>> DB implementation (db1.85). It should probably be retired.
        >>>
        >>> Wietse
        >>
        >> Thanks Wietse. I'm using the one bundled with Postfix. openSUSE 12.3 is on db4.8.3. ;-)
        >>
        >> It sounds like I should change to another greylist. Which would you recommend?

        What's wrong with just using Post Screen? It does what postgrey does, and more. And *much* more efficiently.

        > postgrey is a popular implementation.

        I stopped using postgrey because I found it too bothersome to configure with the various Internet-incompetent companies that do things like retry from different servers or never retry at all. I was spending much too much time fixing broken hosts.

        --
        "I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way."