DSN Content-Type

  • bitozoid
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2013
      Postfix generates DSNs with the following header:

      Is there a way for DSNs to be text/plain formatted? Something like:

      I need my smarthost to forward these mails but it does not forward the former header.

      Thx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2013
        bitozoid:
        > Postfix generates DSNs with the following header:

        > Is there a way for DSNs to be text/plain formatted? Something like:

        Postfix uses the standardized bounce message format that was
        first defined with RFC 1892, published in January 1996.
        This is not configurable.

        > I need my smarthost to forward these mails but it does not forward the
        > former header.

        Please upgrade to software that handles 18-year old standards :-)

        That's multiple technology generations ago. Think 100MHz Pentium,
        33k6 analog modem. Even I have stopped using that.

        Wietse
      • bitozoid
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2013
          Wietse Venema:
          bitozoid:
          > Postfix generates DSNs with the following header:

          > Is there a way for DSNs to be text/plain formatted? Something like:

          Postfix uses the standardized bounce message format that was
          first defined with RFC 1892, published in January 1996.
          This is not configurable.

          I have Exim on other host. It delivers plain/text for the same case. :-S
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30, 2013
            bitozoid:
            > Wietse Venema:
            >
            > > bitozoid:
            > > > Postfix generates DSNs with the following header:

            > > > Is there a way for DSNs to be text/plain formatted? Something like:

            > > Postfix uses the standardized bounce message format that was
            > > first defined with RFC 1892, published in January 1996.
            > > This is not configurable.
            > >

            > I have Exim on other host. It delivers plain/text for the same case. :-S

            If Exim ignores 18-year old standards, then it has got to be right.