Re: smarthost smtp client auth not working

  • bitozoid
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29 4:21 AM
      Ops, I found it:
      warning: xxxxxxxx offered no supported AUTH mechanisms: 'LOGIN'

      On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM, bitozoid <bitozoid@...> wrote:
      I'm trying to setup a postfix client that sends every mail to an smarthost. I'm playing around with the configuration to make it fit my needs. So that, I have opened port 25 in the smarthost with no tls and I am sniffing the communication with tcpdump.

      However, i can't get postfix to send the auth info to the smarthost.

      In main.cf:
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
      smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtp_use_tls = no

      I have tried to set -v in master.cf. I get more info en the logs, but it doesn't help.

      I know this is insecure, but it is just for testing purposes.

      Thanks in advance

    • DTNX Postmaster
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29 5:51 AM
        On Jul 29, 2013, at 13:21, bitozoid <bitozoid@...> wrote:

        > Ops, I found it:
        > warning: xxxxxxxx offered no supported AUTH mechanisms: 'LOGIN'
        >

        > On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM, bitozoid <bitozoid@...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to setup a postfix client that sends every mail to an smarthost. I'm playing around with the configuration to make it fit my needs. So that, I have opened port 25 in the smarthost with no tls and I am sniffing the communication with tcpdump.
        >
        > However, i can't get postfix to send the auth info to the smarthost.
        >
        > In main.cf:
        > broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
        > smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
        > smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
        > smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
        > smtp_use_tls = no
        >
        > I have tried to set -v in master.cf. I get more info en the logs, but it doesn't help.
        >
        > I know this is insecure, but it is just for testing purposes.
        >
        > Thanks in advance

        Make sure the appropriate SASL modules are available. From what I remember, we ran into this problem or something similar on Debian, with systems that were missing the 'libsasl2-modules' package. Other distributions and operating systems may have similar dependencies.

        Mvg,
        Joni
      • bitozoid
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29 6:38 AM
          Finally it was simple. I had to change port number also in the sasl_passwd file.

          Thanks a lot.