[ANN] milter manager 2.0.0

  • Kenji Okimoto
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2013
      Hi, I'm a developer of milter manager.

      milter manager is a free software to protect you from spam mails and
      virus mails effectively with milter.

      milter manager can be used with MTAs that supports milter like
      Sendmail and Postfix. It works on Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD and so on.

      milter manager 2.0.0 has been released.
      http://milter-manager.sourceforge.net/

      = Highlight

      The major version up about 2 years!

      There are no incompatible changes between 1.8.9 and 2.0.0. This
      version is compatible to 1.8.x, so you can upgrade without editing
      config files.

      The reasons:

      * We are developing milter manager continuously.
      * We think milter manager is stable enough.

      We released milter manager 1.8.0 at 2011/06/10. There are 10 releases
      between 1.8.0 and 2.0.0. We have developed milter manager continuously.

      milter manager 2.0.0 is more stable than 1.8.0, because users have
      been increased and reported issues. We have been able to fix problems,
      because users have reported a lot of problems. Of course, milter
      manager is very stable, and Ruby/milter (functionality which you can
      write milter in Ruby) is also stable enough. We have reflected our
      knowledge that we have developed milter written in Ruby to
      Ruby/milter.

      We can say that milter manager 2.0.0 is better than 1.8.0 with
      confidence. Let's try milter manager if you haven't used milter
      manager yet.

      = Install

      Here are documents for installation:
      http://milter-manager.sourceforge.net/reference/install-to.html

      Here are documents for upgrading:
      http://milter-manager.sourceforge.net/reference/upgrade.html

      = Changes

      Here are changes since 1.8.9:
      http://milter-manager.sourceforge.net/reference/news.html#news.release-2-0-0

      == [release-2-0-0] 2.0.0: 2013-07-25

      The major version up about 2 years!

      === milter-test-server

      ==== Improvements

      * Support multiline header

      === Ruby milter

      ==== Fixes

      * Fix a bug that reject/temporary failure on envelope recipient
      calls reset.
      --
      Kenji Okimoto <okimoto@...>