Re: Reducing SPAM connections

  • /dev/rob0
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2013
      On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 02:07:46PM +0200, Carsten S. wrote:
      > I am receiving a considerable amount of connection from SPAM hosts
      > and I'm starting to wonder if this is normal ?

      For many years now, the vast majority of Internet mail traffic is
      spam and abuse. Yes, it's normal.

      > Also, could setting up a spamd help decrease number of connections ?

      Postfix has its own postscreen(8), which was influenced in design by
      spamd. Well worth the upgrade if you are not yet on 2.8+.

      http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html
      http://rob0.nodns4.us/postscreen.html
    • Carsten S.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2013
        On 07/28/2013 15:18, /dev/rob0 wrote:
        > On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 02:07:46PM +0200, Carsten S. wrote:
        >> I am receiving a considerable amount of connection from SPAM hosts
        >> and I'm starting to wonder if this is normal ?
        > For many years now, the vast majority of Internet mail traffic is
        > spam and abuse. Yes, it's normal.
        >
        >> Also, could setting up a spamd help decrease number of connections ?
        > Postfix has its own postscreen(8), which was influenced in design by
        > spamd. Well worth the upgrade if you are not yet on 2.8+.
        >
        > http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html
        > http://rob0.nodns4.us/postscreen.html

        Servers are running 2.9+ and the dump was made using postfix-logwatch
        1.40.00

        I took a look a postscreen - Postfix zombie blocker. Judging from the
        description,
        Its seem to solve then problem.

        Got work to do.