Re: Sending out remote mail

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2013
      On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 09:46:27AM -0400, Roman Gelfand wrote:

      > My postfix server is configured as outbound gateway only. The mail
      > store is housed by yahoo. Often, I need to send email from a remote
      > mail address to yahoo address that belongs to me. It appears that
      > sometimes yahoo rejects this email and postfix attempts to send NDR to
      > the from address. Some well configured, probably they interrogate ndr
      > with dkim, servers scream at my server for doing that and rightly so.
      >
      > What should I do in this case? should I disable NDRs? etc...

      By far the best approach is to get Yahoo to unconditionally whitelist
      your server for delivery to your own mailboxes. If that's not
      possible with any amount of effort, you could use a transport for
      Yahoo with "soft_bounce = yes", and a fallback relay that arranges
      to deliver the mail Yahoo rejects locally. You can clean out the
      associated mailbox from time to time.