Sending out remote mail

  • Roman Gelfand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26 6:46 AM
      My postfix server is configured as outbound gateway only. The mail
      store is housed by yahoo. Often, I need to send email from a remote
      mail address to yahoo address that belongs to me. It appears that
      sometimes yahoo rejects this email and postfix attempts to send NDR to
      the from address. Some well configured, probably they interrogate ndr
      with dkim, servers scream at my server for doing that and rightly so.

      What should I do in this case? should I disable NDRs? etc...

      Thanks in advance
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26 6:58 AM
        On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 09:46:27AM -0400, Roman Gelfand wrote:

        > My postfix server is configured as outbound gateway only. The mail
        > store is housed by yahoo. Often, I need to send email from a remote
        > mail address to yahoo address that belongs to me. It appears that
        > sometimes yahoo rejects this email and postfix attempts to send NDR to
        > the from address. Some well configured, probably they interrogate ndr
        > with dkim, servers scream at my server for doing that and rightly so.
        >
        > What should I do in this case? should I disable NDRs? etc...

        By far the best approach is to get Yahoo to unconditionally whitelist
        your server for delivery to your own mailboxes. If that's not
        possible with any amount of effort, you could use a transport for
        Yahoo with "soft_bounce = yes", and a fallback relay that arranges
        to deliver the mail Yahoo rejects locally. You can clean out the
        associated mailbox from time to time.