Throttling outbound email based on email provider

  • Roman Gelfand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2013
      Would any have or could point me to a postfix outbound mail trottling
      configuration based on email provider. For instance, to Yahoo I would
      like to send out only 10 emails per hour and to gmail 100 emails per
      hour, etc...

      Thanks in advance
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2013
        Roman Gelfand:
        > Would any have or could point me to a postfix outbound mail trottling
        > configuration based on email provider. For instance, to Yahoo I would
        > like to send out only 10 emails per hour and to gmail 100 emails per
        > hour, etc...

        This would involve a delivery agent in master.cf for each provider
        (yahoo .. .. .. .. smtp, gmail .. .. .. .. smtp, etc.), with
        yahoo_destination_rate_delay, gmail_destination_rate_delay, etc.,
        settings in main.cf.

        With your low email volume there should be no need to have specific
        yahoo_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit etc. settings.