Re[2]: smtpd_banner and available variable

  • Алексей Доморадов
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
      My client want this. Let's say - it just some company standards. if he insists - I would recommend them to use another MTA, for example exim

      P.S.
      I have understand that it not possible in postfix. Thanks for the help

      Среда, 24 июля 2013, 18:02 UTC от Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users@...>:
      On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 09:00:24PM +0400, ??????? ????????? wrote:

      > I just read http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_banner
      > and there no information about that. Thanks to point me in the
      > right way.
      >
      > P.S.
      > maybe it would be possible by using 3rd party software (some policy server) ?

      This looks like a waste of time. Why do you care what your banner is?
      Anything beyond:

      220 mail.example.com ESMTP

      is generally just a waste of bits.

      Алексей Доморадов
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2013
        > My client want this. Let's say - it just some company standards.
        > if he insists - I would recommend them to use another MTA, for
        > example exim

        If they want it now, then use an MTA that implements it now.

        This is the first request for client information inside smtpd_banner
        text, so don't expect that it gets immediate priority.

        If someone wants this then they could build on existing code that
        implements smtpd_reject_footer, and that expands $client_address,
        $client_port, $localtime, and $servername.