Re: compiling postfix with the right Berkeley DB (again)

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2013
      On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:53:53 -0600
      LuKreme articulated:

      > On Jul 23, 2013, at 16:17, Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Of course. this assumes that you are attempting to install Postfix
      > > via the ports system.
      >
      > I am not, though db48 was installed via ports. I'm on my phone so
      > it's hard to check, but I thought I included the make line I used to
      > build postfix and what I thought would be the right flags to add.

      Perhaps a dump question, but why would you not install it from the
      ports system? The port maintainer, <sahil@...> does an
      excellent job of maintaining the port and usually has any patches or
      updates ready within 48 hours. Few, if any ports are kept as up-to-date
      as Postfix is due to his dedication.

      Do you have some specific need that is not available via the port?
      Perhaps that could be remedied.

      --
      Jerry ✌
      postfix-user@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2013
        On 24 Jul 2013, at 04:44 , Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:53:53 -0600
        > LuKreme articulated:
        >
        >> On Jul 23, 2013, at 16:17, Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> Of course. this assumes that you are attempting to install Postfix
        >>> via the ports system.
        >>
        >> I am not, though db48 was installed via ports. I'm on my phone so
        >> it's hard to check, but I thought I included the make line I used to
        >> build postfix and what I thought would be the right flags to add.
        >
        > Perhaps a dump question, but why would you not install it from the
        > ports system?

        Other issues unrelated to ports. Short answer: politics and stupidity.

        > The port maintainer, <sahil@...> does an
        > excellent job of maintaining the port and usually has any patches or
        > updates ready within 48 hours. Few, if any ports are kept as up-to-date
        > as Postfix is due to his dedication.

        Yep. If it were up to me...

        --
        Internet was down last night. Turns out I have two kids. They seem
        pretty well-behaved