Re: compiling postfix with the right Berkeley DB (again)

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23, 2013
      On Jul 23, 2013, at 16:17, Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:

      > Of course. this assumes that you are attempting to install Postfix via
      > the ports system.

      I am not, though db48 was installed via ports. I'm on my phone so it's hard to check, but I thought I included the make line I used to build postfix and what I thought would be the right flags to add.
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2013
        On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:53:53 -0600
        LuKreme articulated:

        > On Jul 23, 2013, at 16:17, Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Of course. this assumes that you are attempting to install Postfix
        > > via the ports system.
        >
        > I am not, though db48 was installed via ports. I'm on my phone so
        > it's hard to check, but I thought I included the make line I used to
        > build postfix and what I thought would be the right flags to add.

        Perhaps a dump question, but why would you not install it from the
        ports system? The port maintainer, <sahil@...> does an
        excellent job of maintaining the port and usually has any patches or
        updates ready within 48 hours. Few, if any ports are kept as up-to-date
        as Postfix is due to his dedication.

        Do you have some specific need that is not available via the port?
        Perhaps that could be remedied.

        --
        Jerry ✌
        postfix-user@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24, 2013
          On 24 Jul 2013, at 04:44 , Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:53:53 -0600
          > LuKreme articulated:
          >
          >> On Jul 23, 2013, at 16:17, Jerry <postfix-user@...> wrote:
          >>
          >>> Of course. this assumes that you are attempting to install Postfix
          >>> via the ports system.
          >>
          >> I am not, though db48 was installed via ports. I'm on my phone so
          >> it's hard to check, but I thought I included the make line I used to
          >> build postfix and what I thought would be the right flags to add.
          >
          > Perhaps a dump question, but why would you not install it from the
          > ports system?

          Other issues unrelated to ports. Short answer: politics and stupidity.

          > The port maintainer, <sahil@...> does an
          > excellent job of maintaining the port and usually has any patches or
          > updates ready within 48 hours. Few, if any ports are kept as up-to-date
          > as Postfix is due to his dedication.

          Yep. If it were up to me...

          --
          Internet was down last night. Turns out I have two kids. They seem
          pretty well-behaved