Re: Postscreen

  • Glenn English
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
      On Jul 21, 2013, at 12:51 PM, Phil Daws wrote:

      > What are we doing wrong please as the cache is never being created ?

      No Postmap??

      --
      Glenn English
    • Phil Daws
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
          Phil Daws:
          > Good evening,
          >
          > have set up a new server with Postfix 2.10 and using PostScreen,
          > but on every installation we end up with:
          >
          > warning: btree:/var/lib/postfix/ps_cache is unavailable. open database /var/lib/postfix/ps_cache.db: No such file or directory
          >
          > In our file we have :
          >
          > memcache = inet:127.0.0.1:11211
          > key_format = postscreen:%s
          > backup = btree:/var/lib/postfix/ps_cache

          Turn OFF postscreen chroot in master.cf asn indicated with >>> <<<:

          smtp inet n - >>>n<<< - 1 postscreen

          Or access the map via the proxymap daemon:

          /etc/postfix/main.cf:
          postscreen_cache_map = memcache:/etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache
          proxy_write_maps = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache

          /etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache:
          backup = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache

        • Phil Daws
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
            > have set up a new server with Postfix 2.10 and using PostScreen,
            > but on every installation we end up with:
            >
            > warning: btree:/var/lib/postfix/ps_cache is unavailable. open database /var/lib/postfix/ps_cache.db: No such file or directory
            >
            > In our file we have :
            >
            > memcache = inet:127.0.0.1:11211
            > key_format = postscreen:%s
            > backup = btree:/var/lib/postfix/ps_cache

            Turn OFF postscreen chroot in master.cf asn indicated with >>> <<<:

            smtp inet n - >>>n<<< - 1 postscreen

            Or access the map via the proxymap daemon:

            /etc/postfix/main.cf:
            postscreen_cache_map = memcache:/etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache
            proxy_write_maps = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache

            /etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache:
            backup = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache

            Good evening Wietse,

            At present in master.cf I have:

            smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

            will try setting the proxy for the cache.

            Thanks.
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
              Phil Daws:
              > Turn OFF postscreen chroot in master.cf asn indicated with >>> <<<:
              >
              > smtp inet n - >>>n<<< - 1 postscreen
              >
              > Or access the map via the proxymap daemon:
              >
              > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
              > postscreen_cache_map = memcache:/etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache
              > proxy_write_maps = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache
              >
              > /etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache:
              > backup = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache
              >
              > Wietse
              >
              > Good evening Wietse,
              >
              > At present in master.cf I have:
              >
              > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

              That DOES NOT help without executing "postfix reload".

              Wietse
            • Phil Daws
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
                No reason to reload as it was ALREADY set at that ;)
                > Turn OFF postscreen chroot in master.cf asn indicated with >>> <<<:
                >
                > smtp inet n - >>>n<<< - 1 postscreen
                >
                > Or access the map via the proxymap daemon:
                >
                > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
                > postscreen_cache_map = memcache:/etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache
                > proxy_write_maps = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache
                >
                > /etc/postfix/postscreen_memcache:
                > backup = proxy:btree:/var/lib/postfix/postscreen_cache
                >
                > Wietse
                >
                > Good evening Wietse,
                >
                > At present in master.cf I have:
                >
                > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

                That DOES NOT help without executing "postfix reload".

                Wietse
              • Stan Hoeppner
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
                  Wietse:
                  > Turn OFF postscreen chroot in master.cf asn indicated with >>> <<<:
                  >
                  > smtp inet n - >>>n<<< - 1 postscreen

                  Phil:
                  > At present in master.cf I have:
                  > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

                  Phil do you see the discrepancy here? It appears you are loading smtpd
                  instead of the postscreen daemon. Might not be a bad idea at this point
                  to post your complete master.cf and 'postconf -n' output.

                  --
                  Stan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
                    Phil Daws:
                    > No reason to reload as it was ALREADY set at that ;)

                    That is POSTSCREEN.

                    > > At present in master.cf I have:
                    > >
                    > > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

                    That is NOT POSTSCREEN.

                    Wietse
                  • Phil Daws
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
                      > No reason to reload as it was ALREADY set at that ;)

                      That is POSTSCREEN.

                      > > At present in master.cf I have:
                      > >
                      > > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

                      That is NOT POSTSCREEN.

                      Wietse

                      Hi Wietse,

                      They were all set as non chroot:

                      smtpd pass - - n - - smtpd
                      1025 inet n - n - 1 postscreen
                      tlsproxy unix - - n - 0 tlsproxy
                      dnsblog unix - - n - 0 dnsblog
                      smtp inet n - n - - smtpd

                      In the end I followed what somebody else had said with:

                      touch /var/lib/postfix/ps_cache
                      postmap btree:/var/lib/postfix/ps_cache
                      chown postfix.postfix /var/lib/postfix/ps_cache
                      service postfix restart

                      That resolved the issue; though unsure why it was not being created when the smtpd_cache btree does. Oh well, all working great now. Really love the postscreen functionality :) Great work.
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
                        Phil Daws:
                        > In the end I followed what somebody else had said with:
                        >
                        > touch /var/lib/postfix/ps_cache
                        > postmap btree:/var/lib/postfix/ps_cache
                        > chown postfix.postfix /var/lib/postfix/ps_cache
                        > service postfix restart

                        For the record, this should not be necessary if redistributors could
                        resist the temptation to "improve" Postfix. When left unchanged,
                        Postfix is perfectly capable of creating the table by itself -
                        that's after all how I use it myself on a buch of different platforms.

                        All this tinkering with Postfix internals makes support like hell.