Re: Postfix not accepting remote connections

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 19, 2013
      On 7/19/2013 5:11 PM, Sam Flint wrote:
      > Sorry, Gmail.
      >
      > I'm testing by attempting to connect with my android tablet

      Ok, so this is the real problem you're trying to solve. You believe you
      cannot connect to Postfix with the Android tablet, correct?

      What operation are you performing that is failing?

      1. Are you attempting to send an email from the tablet to a mailbox on
      the Postfix server, and it's failing?

      2. Are you trying to read your IMAP mailbox and it's failing?

      3. Are you trying to send an email through Postfix to some other
      address, say example@...?

      Answering these questions should allow us to get you on the right path
      pretty quickly.

      --
      Stan
    • James Griffin
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 20, 2013
        ................Fri 19.Jul'13 at 16:26:57 -0500, Sam Flint................
        > my postfix will not accept remote connections, but it will accept local.
        >
        > postconf -n:
        > broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
        > config_directory = /etc/postfix
        > home_mailbox = Maildir/
        > inet_interfaces = all
        > inet_protocols = ipv4, ipv6
        > message_size_limit = 30720000
        > mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, localhost.localdomain

        Should you add $mydomain to $mydestination?

        James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

        A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38