Re: Sending a lot of emails

  • Dominik George
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
      Hi,

      what is wrong with the sendmail program and a simple shell script?

      What is wrong with sending all mails in a batch?

      Last but not least, what aspect of your plan dos NOT match plain spamming?

      Cheers,
      Nik

      Krzysztof Szarlej <kszarlej94@...> schrieb:
      Hey guys i have finally set my mail server with dovecot and postfix. I configured also a tls and sasl authentication. I have revdns and txt record also.

      I have a database with 5000 mails and I want to send to each address a mail with my company offer(not a spam just offer to companies with the same profile that my company have) How to achive this? Do I need to use for example PHP? I was thinking of a cron script that would each 30 minuts send i.e 200mails. but i dont know wheter it is possible to send those mails only by cron, or i need a for example php script that would be execed each 20 minutes?

      Afaik it is not possible to use apache with postfix? Only with default linux sendmail program?

      Thank you for your suggestions

    • Krzysztof Szarlej
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
        I received this database from a government organization because I joined a export  support program held by polish gov organizations . Those companies I have mails to had to apply for this also because afaik it is also a project supported by EU.

        Because sendmail and postfix cannot run simulatenusely and I am using my email. Also my postfix is configured with ssl certs and it would look much more trusted than simple sendmail i think? Correct me if i am wrong.

        On 2013-07-19 1:23 PM, Krzysztof Szarlej <kszarlej94@...> wrote:
        I have a database with 5000 mails and I want to send to each address a mail with my company offer(not a spam just offer to companies with the same profile that my company have)

        Do you have their explicit permission to send them this offer?

        If not, IT IS SPAM.

      • Dominik George
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
          Hi,

          the key is that by sendmail, we mean the sendmail command. Postfix has a sendmail-compatible frontend.

          You can just use the mail command like so:

          $ mail -a "From: Your Name <yourmail@...>" -s "Your Subject" recpmail@... <<EOT
          Your Text
          EOT

          On 2013-07-19 1:23 PM, Krzysztof Szarlej <kszarlej94@...> wrote:
          I have a database with 5000 mails and I want to send to each address a mail with my company offer(not a spam just offer to companies with the same profile that my company have)

          Do you have their explicit permission to send them this offer?

          If not, IT IS SPAM.

        • Wolfgang Zeikat
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
            In an older episode, on 2013-07-19 20:06, Dominik George wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > the key is that by sendmail, we mean the sendmail command. Postfix
            > has a sendmail-compatible frontend.
            >
            > You can just use the mail command like so:
            >
            > $ mail -a "From: Your Name <yourmail@...>" -s "Your Subject"
            > recpmail@... <<EOT Your Text EOT

            Run

            $ mail --help

            to see the precise syntax.

            Newer mail(x) versions use "-a" to attach files.

            Hope this helps.

            wolfgang
          • Jeroen Geilman
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
              On 07/19/2013 08:01 PM, Krzysztof Szarlej wrote:

              > Because sendmail and postfix cannot run simulatenusely

              That refers to the postfix sendmail(1)-compatibility interface. It works
              even when postfix is not running.

              > and I am using my email. Also my postfix is configured with ssl certs
              > and it would look much more trusted than simple sendmail i think?

              You've misunderstood what the certificate is for.
              The certificate is for your submission clients, to verify the identity
              of the postfix server, and to initiate TLS.
              It explicitly is NOT for remote servers to somehow "trust" your postfix
              *client*

              > Correct me if i am wrong.

              You're wrong :)
              Receiving MTAs don't use TLS, and they wouldn't care about your
              certificate's veracity if they did.

              --
              J.
            • Kirill Bychkov