Re: Error 550

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 18, 2013
      On 7/18/2013 7:44 AM, Roman Gelfand wrote:
      > would you have more info on this, as far as, how to go about researching this?

      What is left to research? The remote host told you the address doesn't
      exist. What more do you need to know?

      What is the -real- problem you are wanting to solve Roman?

      > Thanks again
      >
      > On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      >> Roman Gelfand:
      >>> I am sorry. I posted this only to Stan before. Looking at the
      >>> rejected line, it seems to be postfix/smtp.
      >>>
      >>> host smtp.secuaid: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)
      >>
      >> THAT is qmail not Postfix.
      >>
      >> Wietse
    • Roman Gelfand
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 19, 2013
        It appears that this message is a way that
        the target server responds to email not found.

        Thanks for everyone's help on this.

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 19, 2013
          Roman Gelfand:
          > 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

          Wietse:
          > THAT is qmail not Postfix.

          Roman Gelfand:
          > would you have more info on this, as far as, how to go about
          > researching this?

          Wietse:
          > Ask the person responsible for this system why they reject this
          > recipient.

          Roman Gelfand:
          > It appears that this message is a way that the target server
          > responds to email not found.

          This appears to be a common "qmail patch" bug. The correct status
          code for "user unknown" is 5.1.1, not 5.1.0.

          Wietse

          RFC 3463:

          X.1.1 Bad destination mailbox address

          The mailbox specified in the address does not exist. For
          Internet mail names, this means the address portion to the left
          of the "@" sign is invalid. This code is only useful for
          permanent failures.