Re: Mails not delivered to maildir.

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 18, 2013
      Please don't top post...

      On 2013-07-18 4:54 PM, Krzysztof Szarlej <kszarlej94@...> wrote:

      2013/7/18 Axel Luttgens <AxelLuttgens@...>
      Le 18 juil. 2013 à 21:42, Krzysztof Szarlej a écrit :

      > I am sorry for not putting postconf -n:
      >
      > [...]
      >
      > All the mails are in */root/Maildir/new* directory
      >
      > Seems like the mails are not redirected properly to the users maildirs

      Hello Krzysztof,

      What does your /etc/aliases file contain

      Here is my aliases file http://37.187.58.245/aliases.txt

      Please don't do that - just paste the contents directly in the email body (same for postconf -n output, etc)...

      Many people will not click links to unknown targets...
      --

      Best regards,

      Charles
    • lists@rhsoft.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 18, 2013
        and it contains "info: postmaster" which defaults to root

        >> mail from: root
        >> 250 2.1.0 Ok
        >> rcpt to: info
        >> 250 2.1.5 Ok

        *why* do you not use *full qualified* addresses for testing?

        how do you come to that conclusion if your quote contains "to=<root@...>, orig_to=<info>"

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 18, 2013
          On 2013-07-18 4:54 PM, Krzysztof Szarlej <kszarlej94@...> wrote:
          Here is my aliases file http://37.187.58.245/aliases.txt

          Please don't do that - just paste the contents directly in the email body (same for postconf -n output, etc)...

          Many people will not click links to unknown targets...

          That said... I did look at it, and wondering why you are confused...

          info is plainly aliased to root, and root is NOT aliased to a real email address (best practice for mos email servers)...
          --

          Best regards,

          Charles
        • Axel Luttgens
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 18, 2013
            Le 18 juil. 2013 à 22:54, Krzysztof Szarlej a écrit :

            > Here is my aliases file
            > http://37.187.58.245/aliases.txt<http://szarlej.eu/aliases.txt>

            Thanks, Krzysztof.

            So, the relevant lines in this case are:

            info: postmaster
            postmaster: root
            #root: marc

            and everything sent to info ends into root's mailbox...

            HTH,
            Axel
          • Krzysztof Szarlej
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 18, 2013
              Ok thank you guys and sorry for not reading the mailing list manual.

              Now it works, I deleted the alias for info.

              regards krzysztof

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 18, 2013
                Am 18.07.2013 23:06, schrieb Krzysztof Szarlej:
                > Ok thank you guys and sorry for not reading the mailing list manual

                but why then continue top-posting?

                > Now it works, I deleted the alias for info.

                add "reject_non_fqdn_recipient" and "reject_non_fqdn_sender"
                to "smtpd_recipient_restrictions" would bring you further

                since this is for *smtp* it does not affect pickup per
                (mail-command, cronjobs...) and prevents mistakes