Re: Error 550

  • Roman Gelfand
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 17, 2013
      I am sorry. I posted this only to Stan before. Looking at the
      rejected line, it seems to be postfix/smtp.

      note, there is no corresponding mx record for the from email domain.

      Jul 17 17:54:38 mailserver postfix/smtpd[10802]: F2E484231D:
      client=unknown[192.168.25.88], sasl_method=login,
      sasl_username=mailuser@...
      Jul 17 17:54:39 mailserver postfix/cleanup[10804]: F2E484231D: message-id=<>
      Jul 17 17:54:39 mailserver postfix/qmgr[3176]: F2E484231D:
      from=<bo@...>, size=15284, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      Jul 17 17:54:49 mailserver postfix/smtp[10805]: F2E484231D:
      to=<user@...>,
      relay=smtp.secureserver.net[216.69.186.201]:25, delay=10,
      delays=0.08/0.01/10/0.16, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host
      smtp.secuaid: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO
      command))
      Jul 17 17:54:49 mailserver postfix/cleanup[10804]: 4485042566:
      message-id=<20130717215449.4485042566@...>
      Jul 17 17:54:49 mailserver postfix/bounce[10806]: F2E484231D: sender
      non-delivery notification: 4485042566
      Jul 17 17:54:49 mailserver postfix/qmgr[3176]: 4485042566: from=<>,
      size=17264, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
      Jul 17 17:54:49 mailserver postfix/qmgr[3176]: F2E484231D: removed

      On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
      > Roman Gelfand:
      >> I am trying to send out a message my server and getting an error below
      >> from my server
      >> 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command))
      >
      > That is qmail, not Postfix.
      >
      > Wietse
    • Stan Hoeppner
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 17, 2013
        On 7/17/2013 9:58 PM, Roman Gelfand wrote:

        > relay=smtp.secureserver.net[216.69.186.201]:25, delay=10,
        > delays=0.08/0.01/10/0.16, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host
        > smtp.secuaid: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO
        > command))

        Your Postfix relayed the msg to smtp.secureserver.net, which then
        returned "550 #5.1.0 Address rejected". Either you're sending to a non
        existent address, or there is some configuration problem at the remote
        MX. You'll need to contact the administrator of the remote system.
        This is not a Postfix problem. Postfix is only generating the NDR.

        --
        Stan
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 18, 2013
          Roman Gelfand:
          > I am sorry. I posted this only to Stan before. Looking at the
          > rejected line, it seems to be postfix/smtp.
          >
          > host smtp.secuaid: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

          THAT is qmail not Postfix.

          Wietse
        • Roman Gelfand
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 18, 2013
            would you have more info on this, as far as, how to go about researching this?

            Thanks again

            On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
            > Roman Gelfand:
            >> I am sorry. I posted this only to Stan before. Looking at the
            >> rejected line, it seems to be postfix/smtp.
            >>
            >> host smtp.secuaid: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)
            >
            > THAT is qmail not Postfix.
            >
            > Wietse
          • Mauricio Tavares
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 18, 2013
              On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Roman Gelfand <rgelfand2@...> wrote:
              > would you have more info on this, as far as, how to go about researching this?
              >
              > Thanks again

              You probably will need to check the qmail server's log to see
              WTF is going on. If you stare at the log in the qmail server (not in
              the postfix server) and it does not make sense, you will need to hit a
              qmail-related mailing list/irc channel for help.

              If you are not the one running the qmail box, find who is and send the
              logs. And maybe paraphrase Stan's last reply.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 18, 2013
                Roman Gelfand:
                > I am sorry. I posted this only to Stan before. Looking at the
                > rejected line, it seems to be postfix/smtp.
                >
                > 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

                Wietse:
                > THAT is qmail not Postfix.

                Roman Gelfand:
                > would you have more info on this, as far as, how to go about
                > researching this?

                Ask the person responsible for this system why they reject this
                recipient.

                Wietse
              • Stan Hoeppner
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 18, 2013
                  On 7/18/2013 7:44 AM, Roman Gelfand wrote:
                  > would you have more info on this, as far as, how to go about researching this?

                  What is left to research? The remote host told you the address doesn't
                  exist. What more do you need to know?

                  What is the -real- problem you are wanting to solve Roman?

                  > Thanks again
                  >
                  > On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Wietse Venema <wietse@...> wrote:
                  >> Roman Gelfand:
                  >>> I am sorry. I posted this only to Stan before. Looking at the
                  >>> rejected line, it seems to be postfix/smtp.
                  >>>
                  >>> host smtp.secuaid: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)
                  >>
                  >> THAT is qmail not Postfix.
                  >>
                  >> Wietse
                • Roman Gelfand
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 19, 2013
                    It appears that this message is a way that
                    the target server responds to email not found.

                    Thanks for everyone's help on this.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 19, 2013
                      Roman Gelfand:
                      > 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

                      Wietse:
                      > THAT is qmail not Postfix.

                      Roman Gelfand:
                      > would you have more info on this, as far as, how to go about
                      > researching this?

                      Wietse:
                      > Ask the person responsible for this system why they reject this
                      > recipient.

                      Roman Gelfand:
                      > It appears that this message is a way that the target server
                      > responds to email not found.

                      This appears to be a common "qmail patch" bug. The correct status
                      code for "user unknown" is 5.1.1, not 5.1.0.

                      Wietse

                      RFC 3463:

                      X.1.1 Bad destination mailbox address

                      The mailbox specified in the address does not exist. For
                      Internet mail names, this means the address portion to the left
                      of the "@" sign is invalid. This code is only useful for
                      permanent failures.